Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Dual E5420, 24GB RAM, 2 x 500GB, 10TB Bandwidth $200/yearly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Dual E5420, 24GB RAM, 2 x 500GB, 10TB Bandwidth $200/yearly

Just got this deal from Delimiter today (http://del.im/eow4nov2016int). It was delivered a few hours after ordering, so far so good, I think it's great. It fits my request that I made here earlier for a dedi @ < $1/GB RAM.
I think I am set for now with my dedis for an upcoming project (hopefully BlackFriday won't bring some dangerous offers for my wallet :P ).

Thanked by 1elgs

Comments

• Lucky I think. Wait until you need their technical support. I hope you don't need them later :D

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @akhfa said:
    Lucky I think. Wait until you need their technical support. I hope you don't need them later :D

I had a server with them before and they were fine, I got null-routed once for too much UDP traffic. Overall I think they are ok, I find a lot of the complains online are blown way out of proportion or people have unreasonable expectations. Knocking on wood that I won't need to contact support, as I know what to expect given the price tag...

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Who?

Thanked by 2ManofServer Makenai
  • layfonlayfon Member
    edited November 2016

It's yearly payment, so it might be a problem if anything goes wrong.
    Especially after the recent drama.

• @layfon said:
    It's yearly payment, so it might be a problem if anything goes wrong.
    Especially after the recent drama.

Do you think they will fold?

• How many IPs are included?

• would get this immediately if it wasn't yearly..

• Reaperofpower said: How many IPs are included?

1, I believe.

• @Reaperofpower said:
    How many IPs are included?

1 IPv4 and /64 IPv6

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

The deal looks sweet but support can be a challenge

• So I can purchase and extra ipv4 but it says "not for virtualization" how could they limit it if I were to install proxmox?

• @Reaperofpower said:
    So I can purchase and extra ipv4 but it says "not for virtualization" how could they limit it if I were to install proxmox?

They probably bind it to the MAC of the server's network card so you can't assign it to the VM. You can do NAT of course. But what will you do if you get hit with DDOS and there is no support? I wouldn't risk it. Better get your IPs from OVH or elsewhere and forward.

• @Reaperofpower said:
    So I can purchase and extra ipv4 but it says "not for virtualization" how could they limit it if I were to install proxmox?

Essentially not for virtualization means the IP has a /32 mask. You could create your own bridge on the host node and it should work with Proxmox.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Reaperofpower said:

Those single IPs sure work for virtualization. Only you need to know how to set it up (routed) and they won't support you with that. Subnets are mostly working OOB, hence why they make that comment on ordering.

I have four additional single IPs on such a server and it is no problem to use them with e.g. proxmox... If you need help let me know.

Thanked by 2elgs means
  • cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Are you a victim of memory loss ??

• @cfgguy said:
    Are you a victim of memory loss ??

??