Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting VPS locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interesting VPS locations

superpilesossuperpilesos Member
edited April 2013 in General

What are some interesting VPS locations that you would use, if only to have a (LEB) VPS in that location?
I'm thinking of getting into LEB VPS hosting under another brand name, but there is really no point if it's the same as everything else.
How about Belgrade, Serbia or Saint Petersburg, Russia? I know and use reliable DCs in both locations.

Comments

• North Korea, Iran maybe. :p

• There are already VPSes in Iran.

• I haven't seen any VPS offers from Finland and Norway, and both countries look interesting.

• There are already VPSes in North Korea.

• There are already VPSes almost anywhere - but are there LEB VPSes with english sites/support and common payment methods?

• How about Madagascar? Hehe.

• @rds100 said: I haven't seen any VPS offers from Finland and Norway, and both countries look interesting.

There is creanova if you didn't know them
    http://creanova.org/virtual-servers.html

• Actually here is an interesting compilation of not so common VPS locations: http://www.exoticvps.com/

• @budingyun said: How about Madagascar? Hehe.

No very very poor countries, very unstable, high costs, maybe not even colocation, too high chance they would take the servers and the money.
    How about India? I remember that mountspot was very popular (before they shut down)

• How about Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam?

Very good connection to SG, HK, CN, JP and other south east asia contries.

IP pricing is a madness though ($7/ip)

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

North Africa and Middle East

• Sao Paulo is #1 on my list.

Saint Petersburg, Russia?

Moscow is better for reaching Russia, and Reg.com/reg.ru (Xen, openvz) and Edis (upcoming, KVM) have it covered on the low cost good quality side with Xen , openvz, and KVM, offerings...so no to St Petersburg

Belgrade, Serbia

Limited use unless you're trying to reach a Serbian audience. Routing from most ISPs to neighboring countries usually includes a hop up to Frankfurt and back.

• There is no use for any of these locations really, but I have often bought servers in strange locations just to have the server.

• NickkNickk Member

I'd like to see something in the LEB price range located in New York City. Wouldn't be easy or cheap I imagine!

• I hope there is in Malaysia VPS with LEB price. :( Luckily OneAsiahost still near to me.

• I'm actually thinking about opening a location at Poland, Whatýa think guise?

@Simple3x - PL is already filled with providers in LEB range

• Really? Mind linking me to it? Haven't seen one yet.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited April 2013

I don't see how this would benefit anyone but the locals, but Slovenia is a market with mostly overpriced hosting solutions and could benefit from some competition.

Then again, we're a small country and it's questionable how profitable such a business could actually be, especially since most locals are better off grabbing a VPS from one of the neighbouring countries where the prices are much more affordable.

• Manila

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited April 2013

@jcaleb said: Manila

Im thinking of this too. But the net connection in the Philippines makes it hard to barely host any websites on it. Tama ba?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@superpilesos said: How about Belgrade, Serbia

Interesting & rare.

@superpilesos said: There is creanova if you didn't know them

Single homed ReTN network http://bgp.he.net/AS51765
    Not best option if you need real (LOCAL) .fi VPS. Short review of my experience with them: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/100611#Comment_100611

@Chronic said: Slovenia is a market with mostly overpriced hosting solutions and could benefit from some competition

100% correct.

• @gbshouse Eeeekkk, I thought you said LEB, like Lowendbox literally...

@Simple3x - no, I said "LEB Range" aka <= 7USD :D

• edited April 2013
    • Sweden
    • Finland
    • Iceland
    • Switzerland
    • Iran
    • Cuba
    • Russia
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • Brazil
    • France
    • Bhutan
    • Greece
    • Australia
    • Antarctica
    • India
    • Pakistan
    • Ukraine
    • Fiji
    • Canada
    • United Kingdom
    • United States
    • Netherlands
    Sweden -> EDIS
    Iceland -> EDIS
    Switzerland -> EDIS
    France -> EDIS
    Australia -> RansomIT
    Canada -> Loose Foot Computing
    United Kingdom -> EDIS
    United States -> EDIS

• I would suggest Singapore. I guess some competitor for OneAsiaHost on LEB market would be more than welcomed. Not to mention SouthEast Asia is growing market for VPS/hosting business.

• Nepal ;)

• International space station :)