Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free BGP Session with AS3280 *** (AGAIN!) ***
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free BGP Session with AS3280 *** (AGAIN!) ***

AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Hello there,

This offer is limited to 20 lucky users, which can benefit from a free BGP session with AS3280.

Since last time some of you asked us to accept individuals as well, there you have it. We offer the BGP Session for non-companies as well.

However, this promotion has two main rules:

1) You must announce at least a /24 IPv4 or /48 IPv6.

2) You can't use the service and it's features for illegal or harmful activities.

You don't have to sign any fancy contract and you don't have to order any VPS. We just shake hands and peer.

Please contact us for BGP Setup: https://www.hetnix.com/contact-us.xml

PS: This offer is for an un-protected BGP session. If you want DDoS Protected BGP, the original fees still apply: https://www.hetnix.com/anti-ddos.xml

Thank you for your attention,

Andrei C. - HETNiX SRL.

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

@Jack said:

@Andreix said:
    You don't have to sign any fancy contract and you don't have to order any VPS. We just shake hands and peer

How are you supposed to setup a bgp session without a vm to run the session on? Wot

It can be done with or without a VM. Of course, if you want a virtual machine, that's not an issue.

• Bgp through vpn also possible?

• Jack said: How are you supposed to setup a bgp session without a vm to run the session on? Wot

Any competent Layer3 Switch or Router will allow you to create a BGP Session and append the ASN to it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said:

@DigitalFyre said:

Jack said: How are you supposed to setup a bgp session without a vm to run the session on? Wot

Any competent Layer3 Switch or Router will allow you to create a BGP Session and append the ASN to it.

What would be the purpose of that though?

Surely you'll need something to host content on or access to something to create a tunnel from...

Marketing.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Clouvider said: Marketing.

And making that bgp.he.net page look better

• It is, but you get the point.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2016

Would be nice if you before offering crap actually fix your current customers - i still have no IPv6 route to my networks, you ONLY replicate IPv4.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited November 2016

Just shake hands and peer doesn't work mate.

The least you'd need is a tunnel of some sort.

@rmlhhd said:

Why would you BGP 'peer' with a tunnel over the Internet ? What's the point unless for DDoS mitigation ? I fail to see a use case.

• @Jack said:

@Clouvider said:

@rmlhhd said:

Why would you BGP 'peer' with a tunnel over the Internet ? What's the point unless for DDoS mitigation ? I fail to see a use case.

I fail to see a use case without a vm tbh.

Curious will you peer with them? So that two company would have "connections" :p

edited November 2016

@William said:
    Would be nice if you before offering crap actually fix your current customers - i still have no IPv6 route to my networks, you ONLY replicate IPv4.

Hi there,

If would be very helpful if you could sent the NOC a ticket, instead posting here, as I currently see that the configuration for your ASN is already present in our routers.

Thank you.

• @Clouvider said:

@rmlhhd said:

I don't really see the point either, guess it could be used for testing? Was just stating that you can't just "peer", it doesn't work like that as you already know.

@rmlhhd said:

@Clouvider said:

@rmlhhd said:

I don't really see the point either, guess it could be used for testing? Was just stating that you can't just "peer", it doesn't work like that as you already know.

That's what private ASN pool and lab is for, and BT the public Internet ;-).

Which is why I fail to see a use case here, apart from he marketing alone.

• Andreix said: You don't have to sign any fancy contract and you don't have to order any VPS. We just shake hands and peer.
    Please contact us for BGP Setup: […]

As it was pointed out that "something" needs to be a tunnel endpoint ...

rmlhhd said: Just shake hands and peer doesn't work mate.

... and the offer stated a VM purchase isn't necessary ...

Andreix said: It can be done with or without a VM. Of course, if you want a virtual machine, that's not an issue.

... I contacted and asked for a tunneled session, referring to this very threat. The CEO replied:

Unfortunately we do not offer a v4-to-v6 tunnel option.
    However, we can setup a BGP on a vServer for you.
    Please check our available plans here: […]

Less shake hands, more fancy contract — and marketing done wrong, imho :-(

Hi there,

You seem to mix a 4to6 tunnel with BGP over the internet.
    We do not offer a 4to6 tunnel in this thread.

Thank you.

• Andreix said: BGP over the internet

(Not that I asked for 4to6, but, anyway.) So, how do you do "BGP over the internet" then? I have a box in DE with v4 and v6 addresses; how to utilize your offer?

If your router can use your existing uplink to reach us, it can be configured to act as a BGP neighbor.