Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking reviews for HawkHost / any other shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking reviews for HawkHost / any other shared hosting

GCatGCat Member
edited November 2016 in Help

Hey all,

I'm seeking reviews that are recent (within this year) of HawkHost, and any other reasonably priced shared hosting. I'm looking for some shared hosting for a small project, currently I have BuyShared @Francisco in mind, and HawkHost in mind, is there any else which are reliable? Furthermore, any reviews recently for HawkHost?

Thanks

Comments

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

what kind of price point are you looking for and what specs on the shared hosting plans

• GCatGCat Member
    edited November 2016

@CenTexHosting said:
    what kind of price point are you looking for and what specs on the shared hosting plans

1 GB storage space at max, MySQL, unlimited sub domains, unmetered bandwidth ideally

• Would you be interested in something in our new UK location? I'm sure we could configure something for you at a reasonable price point with a fair amount of bandwidth.

• Buyshared is one of the best, so are Impactshared, Hostus and Mightweb. I would prefer any of these over Hawkhost anyday.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

A while back (at least two years) I used StableHost for some forums and it was great, probably the most stable host I've used for shared hosting.

Only one I could suggest since they're the only shared host I've actually used, but they focus mainly on shared hosting so that's what they're good at.

They do have some promo codes, but I wouldn't know any right now.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Get a slice buyshared.

Francisco

Thanked by 3GCat ManofServer ATHK
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited November 2016

@GCat said:
    Hey all,

I'm seeking reviews that are recent (within this year) of HawkHost, and any other reasonably priced shared hosting. I'm looking for some shared hosting for a small project, currently I have BuyShared @Francisco in mind, and HawkHost in mind, is there any else which are reliable? Furthermore, any reviews recently for HawkHost?

Thanks

If I were you I'd really consider BuyVM, Fran is great, the service is great. I never knew that I needed the pony in my life, but I did.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • I have two packages with them, bought with some nice discounts from their WHT thread.

They both work great with over 99% uptime, although as far as I remember, their Washington location was more stable for me than their Dallas one.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • bersybersy Member
    edited November 2016

As for LE* ones, I've been using 1PWH.uk for about a year (since last BF I guess), have already renewed it for a second year. To me it looks stable, but I don't really monitor it. Support is quick and helpful. They offer cPanel & DirectAdmin based shared in UK (ServerHouse, Fareham). It seems 10 Monitor checks are available for free to every customer.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner GCat
  • I have 6 shared accounts with Hawk Host that I have been using for 6 years and they've been fantastic.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited November 2016

HawkHost is excellent for web hosting, but their webmail is painfully slow if you store much mail. Always better to use a dedicated mail service anyway. Can usually get 20-40% off recurring from discount codes on WHT or pop-ups on their website. I have only used their Washington DC location which is on SoftLayer.

• @Francisco said:
    Get a slice buyshared.

Francisco

What is the answer to life, DDoS attacks, personal projects, the universe, Anycast hosting, and everything?

Welp, KVM slices.

Thanked by 3Francisco Four20 GCat
  • @GCat,

I've used Hawkhost and they are perfectly adequate. Here's some more for you to consider, generally I pay <$5/m for yearlies of shared hosts who've been around a bit.

• asmallorange.com
    • clouvider.co.uk
    • crazydomains.co.uk
    • hostmantis.com (very cheap but seem to work quite well)
    • hostripples.com
    • inmotionhosting.com
    • siteground.com
    • sugarhosts.com
  • Kind reminder that EIG owns "asmallorange.com", so beware.

• Buyshared is somewhere around 99.9% uptime. Usually no long downtimes but regular downtimes of 1-2mins.

• @tr1cky said:
    Buyshared is somewhere around 99.9% uptime. Usually no long downtimes but regular downtimes of 1-2mins.

More like 10 seconds when litespeed restarts in the background.

• Been using hawkhost for years, if budget is not my concern i would use them without question, especially if mail service is require.

If budget is of a concern go with buyshared.