Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Cofigure VirtualHost in VPS !
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Cofigure VirtualHost in VPS !

shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
    edited April 2013 in General

hi frnds,

i'm trying to host 2 sites in my VPS using VirtualHost. but i can't configure it correctly. can any one explain how to do this. i add A records with www point to my VPS IP in both domains. and then i create 2 folders in www folder like this.

/var/www/site1/public_html

/var/www/site2/public.html

after that i place different index.html files in both locations. and i set permission using this command.

chown -R root:root /var/www/site1/public_html

chown -R root:root /var/www/site2/public_html

and after of that i edit the httpd.conf file and add this lines to the VirtualHost section.

<VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin [email protected] DocumentRoot /var/www/site1/public_html ServerName www.site1.com </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin [email protected] DocumentRoot /var/www/site2/public_html ServerName www.site2.com </VirtualHost>

but the problem is both domains are get the apache 2 test page. please anyone can help me to resolve this problem. thanks ... :/

Comments