Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS that having fast connection to China's server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS that having fast connection to China's server

KenKen Member
edited December 2011 in Help

Anyone can recommend low end VPS that have fast connection to China?
One of the purpose I want to use VPS is to setup a VPN to connect to China.
Yesterday I subscribe to a VPS service and the connection to China is terrible,
only few KB/s, averagely less than 20KB/s despite that it has gigabit port enabled..

my requirement are
Non US VPS
fast connection to China (not extreme fast but a normal 100mbps will do)
128 or higher ram
the higher the better
OpenVZ/Xen (prefer Xen but OpenVZ is ok)

Comments

• How about Vietnamese VPS? The price will not be LEB if you curious :-s

• fanfan Veteran

You may take a look at Linode JP or something in Hong Kong.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited December 2011

If you are only requiring non US for the connection issue you can check buyvm.net which is located in us west coast.

• I believe Quadranet has great connectivity to China, so maybe try looking for providers in that datacenter.

• I doubt any VPS provider can guarantee you such speeds to China, and the problem would not be with the VPS providers, but with the ISPs in China which don't care about their overloaded and congested networks.

• @Ken said: Anyone can recommend low end VPS that have fast connection to China?

One of the purpose I want to use VPS is to setup a VPN to connect to China.
    Yesterday I subscribe to a VPS service and the connection to China is terrible,
    only few KB/s, averagely less than 20KB/s despite that it has gigabit port enabled..

This can also be the routing related, and I've found those in China using ChinaNet to have the unfortunate luck of having the worst ISP in China, and can only recommend moving. That is the same advise I give people in my local town that complain about the Internet service here, we also have no choice, it is 1 provider, and if you want a choice, you move.

My servers are at QuadraNet and have excellent routing to China, I have a very large Chinese client population, but none last 30 days if using ChinaNet. Some days I am amazed they could route around a paper bag, and think string with tin cans would be an improvement for their customers.

• What about in Singapore?

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/expertvm-6-99-256mb-openvz-vps-in-singapore/

I don't have any opinion of them but I wanted to point it out.

Hope this helps. Feel free to insult and slam me if you want for making the suggestion.

• @drmike said: Feel free to insult and slam me if you want for making the suggestion.

Seriously? My 7 year old doesn't throw drama fits like this, what is your deal?

• I think the best option is a good provider in Hong Kong (30ms ShangHai 45ms BeiJing) but Japan also works.

• Ok, I signed up for Hostigation for the quadranet data center and guess what, I tried wget a few files from different server from china and all of them having terrible speed.. the purpose for me to sign up for VPS is to setup VPN in it and share it with my family members. One of the download manager we use very often is XunLei (also known as Thunder) if anyone heard about it? but it keep stating connection failed and cannot start the download!!.. oh ya, initially I thought every US connection was blocked by the XunLei thats why I seek for the non US VPS but 1 of my friend using Burst VPS in LA and it can connect with the XunLei but I tried Burst before, still cant get it work. Thats why I try to use the hostigation VPS which is in LA using Quadranet.. if anyone using XunLei here with the VPN or in the VPS, kindly advice which VPS can work for the XunLei? tqvm

• @Ken - This is really more a question for Hostloc than LET. It may help to run a traceroute from your house to your Hostigation VM, that will at least let you spot where the trouble area is. I'm more than willing to bet that it's outside of the DC, as my speeds from Hostigation have been superb.

• u mean the speed to china?

• @Ken said: if anyone using XunLei here with the VPN or in the VPS, kindly advice which VPS can work for the XunLei?

Run some of your own tests, run some traceroutes to the hosts you want to try, download some test files, etc. Post the results here as well, so other people can see.