Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RAM Host closing down UK location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RAM Host closing down UK location

joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

If you are receiving this and your VPS with us does not have an IP in the form <snipped> then please disregard this message

Hello,

Due to general lack of customer demand, along with ongoing issues with our upstream provider at this location, we have decided to discontinue the London based services (the vz69 server, all customers with <snipped> IP addresses).

Customers that do not wish to continue their services with us at a USA datacenter location are encouraged to request cancellation before January 1st 2017. The last day of London services will be January 15th 2017 for those not migrating with us to a USA datacenter.

For customers that wish to remain with us in a USA location, pricing will be revised downwards to reflect the lower cost of USA based hosting.

Customers that remain with us will have two options available for migrating services.

1) The default option is for us to take your existing server offline, copy it over to a new node based in our Los Angeles location, and put it back online again. With this method, only the network configuration will need to be updated to reflect new IP address assignments. Under this option, services at the London UK location will continue unchanged through January 1st 2017, at which point all customers with services in London will be migrated to our Los Angeles USA location during the first 2 weeks of January 2017.

2) The alternative option is we create a new VPS for you in your choice of Los Angeles or Atlanta, and you migrate your data across yourself.

No additional charges will be required for having 2 VPS's active at the same time for customers choosing this option. Under this option, London services will end January 15th 2017.

IP addresses will be required to change as well. For customers that do not contact us in advance to make arrangements, we will contact each customer personally 24 hours before their migration occurs in January 2017 with new IP address assignment details.

If you would like us to migrate your service early, or if you would like to schedule a specific time for your migration to occur, please contact us by replying to this email or opening a support ticket.

As always, you can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanked by 1GCat

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I was considering a price match offer for the UK, then I had a look and I would have to increase my prices by about 1000% first haha.

Looks like they are giving people plenty of time and options though, I thought it was ramnode when I first read it :)

Thanked by 2GCat bersy
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Worth noting that the upstream in question appears to be 100TB.

AnthonySmith said: I thought it was ramnode when I first read it :)

RAM Host has been around for a good while longer than RamNode :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

joepie91 said: along with ongoing issues with our upstream provider at this location

Is "you posted an offer on LEB in the UK and so now you will be mercilessly DDOS'd for months" still a thing?

There was a time where posting a UK offer was tantamount to seppuku for hosts.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said:

joepie91 said: along with ongoing issues with our upstream provider at this location

Is "you posted an offer on LEB in the UK and so now you will be mercilessly DDOS'd for months" still a thing?

There was a time where posting a UK offer was tantamount to seppuku for hosts.

No idea, but it's why I snipped the IP ranges from my post. No need to make it easier :)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • raindog308 said: There was a time where posting a UK offer was tantamount to seppuku for hosts.

Bad time for some, better for others - much money was made with protection tunnels :)