Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many Kloxo forks publicly released out there?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many Kloxo forks publicly released out there?

vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
edited April 2013 in General

Kloxo hasn't released any new update since the 6.1.12 version and I noticed that there are forks publicly released such as Kloxo MR and QPanel.

Does anyone here know other Kloxo forks?

Comments

• Free?

• Yes, both are free.

• Doesn't BlueVM use it?

• I don't know whether BlueVM use it. But they do use the HyperVM

• IvanIvan Member

Yes BlueVM uses HyperVM for their OVZ VPSs

• It does not matter how many forks there are, HyperVM/Kloxo will always be terrible.

• IvanIvan Member

@MrAndroid said: It does not matter how many forks there are, HyperVM/Kloxo will always be terrible.

Yeah, even if it has more features than SolusVM, I prefer SolusVM much more since it has a nice simple layout compared to Kloxo/HyperVM.
    I didn't expect BlueVM to use HyperVM. I'd be happier if they used Solus..

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

@MrAndroid said: It does not matter how many forks there are, HyperVM/Kloxo will always be terrible.

This. We tried using Kloxo for our internal sites, because it was free, but in the end we became so annoyed with it that the $16/month for cPanel was well justified.

• @Damian said: Kloxo

Looking at their interface makes me go crazy.. If BlueVM had chosen something else than HyperVM , I would still be their customer. As a refreshing note BitAccel uses VirtPanel which is way better and offers a different user experience.

• @peppr said: As a refreshing note BitAccel uses VirtPanel which is way better and offers a different user experience.

I really can't get over the fact that they host it. If I could host it myself, I'd already be using it.

• IvanIvan Member

@peppr said: As a refreshing note BitAccel uses VirtPanel

VirtPanel looks pretty good ;) I might just get my second server from you guys, since I was so close to getting one from you guys as my first one but the only problem was the location, though the offer was nice. :)

• CoreyCorey Member

@peppr said: As a refreshing note BitAccel uses VirtPanel which is way better and offers a different user experience.

Thanks for the mention! :)

@teohkay said: VirtPanel looks pretty good ;) I might just get my second server from you guys, since I was so close to getting one from you guys as my first one but the only problem was the location, though the offer was nice. :)

What location would be better for you?

• @Corey said: What location would be better for you?

Closes eyes and says LA ;)

• CoreyCorey Member

@peppr said: @Corey said: What location would be better for you?

Closes eyes and says LA ;)

What about arizona? Pretty close to LA. Does anyone here have ping/tracerts from providers in arizona vs la to overseas?

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited April 2013

@Corey said: What about arizona

Should be fine as well.

• @teohkay said: I didn't expect BlueVM to use HyperVM. I'd be happier if they used Solus..

Well, when @joepie91 finishes his project, we'll switch to it. SolusVM just fucks up so many things in so many special ways... it's not really funny.

• I like HyperVM >_<

But kloxxo is a mess, too much buttons lol

• @peppr said: If BlueVM had chosen something else than HyperVM , I would still be their customer

Their services are good, but I agree, HyperVM is a train-wreck. I'd much rather pay another 25 cents per month and get a decent control panel. No idea why they would choose to use it, the year is 2013.

• @Microlinux said: Their services are good, but I agree, HyperVM is a train-wreck. I'd much rather pay another 25 cents per month and get a decent control panel. No idea why they would choose to use it, the year is 2013.

Because as of right now, there is no better alternative. While yeah, SolusVM is used by alot of providers, it fails spectacularily at unexpected times in ways I wonder HOW. As far as I can tell, there's no way to sort by certain values such as which VPS's are on which server (I'd have to search instead, which means about 10 times more work). There's no way to sort VPS's by disk space used. Albeit HyperVM has it's quirks, it is still usable.

• Anyone use(d) Virtualizor? Got it running for a personal project, seems okay. Interface could be better; but the pricing is pretty fair.

• dnomdnom Member

@Microlinux said: I'd much rather pay another 25 cents per month and get a decent control panel.

Not me, I rarely log in to the control panel. As long as it can do what i need it to do, I have no complains. I certainly don't want to pay 25 cents/month on something I use like once a year. Perhaps I'm just too cheap.

• @MrAndroid said: It does not matter how many forks there are, HyperVM/Kloxo will always be terrible.
    @yomero said: But kloxxo is a mess, too much buttons lol

I guess that's why there are attempts to fork it. I stop updating Kloxo since release 6.1.10 and did some patching for personal use.

• I don't use a control panel. I use SSH.

sarcasm

I still use a control panel for my VPS Containers though... I sometimes get too lazy typing in vzctl all the time.

• @HalfEatenPie said: I use SSH

:P It's not my fault though, Mr. Gates influenced me for many years.

• @vRozenSch00n said: Mr. Gates influenced me for many years.

To use a control panel?

• LAKidLAKid Member

@HalfEatenPie How do you change OS from ssh?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2013

@LAKid said: How do you change OS from ssh?

http://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

There's one for BSD too.

its possible. @jarland did it.

• @HalfEatenPie said: To use a control panel?

Nope, to point and click :P

• @vRozenSch00n said: Nope, to point and click :P

Nope.. click first. point fingers later...

• LAKidLAKid Member

debootstrap is a tool which will install a Debian base system into a subdirectory of another