Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo is down

fbcpckfbcpck Member
edited October 2016 in Outages

The main site down as well.

I really don't want to start the thread, but still I want to know what's happening

I'm guessing they're gone for good?

Oh, I'll also throw in this email I got a few weeks ago.

Got an invoice of $15 out of nowhere.
Service expires on January 2017, so that invoice is totally uncalled for. extortion much?

Thanked by 1ericls

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

No they will offer 16GB for $2. What you expect from bozo

• You got BOZOed! I would suggest you not to pay the invoice he asked for, but if you did, dispute before it's too late. Just remember, when it's too good to be true, it usually is.

• @fbcpck said:
    The main site down as well.

I really don't want to start the thread, but still I want to know what's happening

I'm guessing they're gone for good?

Oh, I'll also throw in this email I got a few weeks ago.

Got an invoice of $15 out of nowhere.
    Service expires on January 2017, so that invoice is totally uncalled for. extortion much?

Probably running out of cash so desperately trying to get people to renew early in order to keep afloat for another month.

• Good thing I didn't give them the tag back. They've been asking for it.

Enough is enough.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Another John B. eh?

• John B = John Bozo

Thanked by 2Jorbox Unixfy
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2016

Omg, their website is so slow. They probably invoiced you a several months in advance and tech or billing department can't be bothered to check the dates on invoice.

• fbcpckfbcpck Member
    edited October 2016

It's up again now.

@fbcpck said:
    It's up again now.

If they do run their website on their SSD range VPS or server than good luck to their customers, as its so slow (my Internet connection 250mb speed)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:

@fbcpck said:
    It's up again now.

If they do run their website on their SSD range VPS or server than good luck to their customers, as its so slow (my Internet connection 250mb speed)

I don't see how your internet connection speed is relevant here. ;-)

Thanked by 1Jorbox

Clouvider said: I don't see how your internet connection speed is relevant here. ;-)

the website is slow accessible, therefore the speed of access if my internet is relevant and looks to me that their SSD range of vps or dedicated servers where they do host their website is massively oversold.

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:

Clouvider said: I don't see how your internet connection speed is relevant here. ;-)

the website is slow accessible, therefore the speed of access if my internet is relevant and looks to me that their SSD range of vps or dedicated servers where they do host their website is massively oversold.

It looks but it doesn't prove. You can have 100Gbit at home, it doesn't matter if your upstream has saturated port to a particular provider that's routing to them. As such your connection speed at home is irrelevant as among others it's not guaranteed. There's not enough details to judge it.

Not that I'm defending them, merely pointing out that this was irrelevant from the technical POV.

• 300 GB SSD Disk
    3TB Gigabit Bandwidth
    8 GB Guaranteed RAM
    Gigabit Network Port
    4 Cores
    2 IPV4 Addresse
    $2.99/month

WTF Bozo

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Jorbox said:

300 GB SSD Disk
    3TB Gigabit Bandwidth
    8 GB Guaranteed RAM
    Gigabit Network Port
    4 Cores
    2 IPV4 Addresse
    $2.99/month

WTF Bozo

You can't use the disk for backups or file storage

Thanked by 2Jorbox namhuy
  • @OpticalSwoosh said:

I don't know why I don't believe this offer at all, it's too good to be true.

• @Jorbox said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

I don't know why I don't believe this offer at all, it's too good to be true.

It's been common knowledge or more common sense. 8GB RAM for $48/yr. There isn't a feasible way of doing this. Assuming its colo it must have a huge ROI. He claims it's space filling but as I identified in a previous offer he does not understand and is undergoing massive overselling whilst claiming not to (this assumption came from the node specs he posted).

I have considered purchasing one as a throwaway just to see how long it lasts and it will do for projects but the risk isn't worth the $48. PP Disputes only last for 6 months

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • @OpticalSwoosh said:
    It's been common knowledge or more common sense. 8GB RAM for $48/yr. There isn't a feasible way of doing this. Assuming its colo it must have a huge ROI. He claims it's space filling but as I identified in a previous offer he does not understand and is undergoing massive overselling whilst claiming not to (this assumption came from the node specs he posted).

I have considered purchasing one as a throwaway just to see how long it lasts and it will do for projects but the risk isn't worth the $48. PP Disputes only last for 6 months

Low price = low service , but how he sells 2 Ips for this price

• @Jorbox said:

@OpticalSwoosh said:

Low price = low service , but how he sells 2 Ips for this price

This can be said about EvoBurst/Virtwire but not for GestionDBI. This is beyond low in your defence. Name changes always lead to me with suspicions.

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@Jorbox said:

300 GB SSD Disk
    3TB Gigabit Bandwidth
    8 GB Guaranteed RAM
    Gigabit Network Port
    4 Cores
    2 IPV4 Addresse
    $2.99/month

WTF Bozo

The best part is "no file storage"

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

The best part is "no file storage"

Sounds like a challenge.. will need to use all 8GB of ram, 7GB of it as a ramdisk.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2016

As much as I'd love to try doing abusing the server, Bozo's nodes need to be online for that (and they're down right now) :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Just throwing in my 2cents. Avoid these guys at all costs.

tl;dr - Do a quick search and read reviews of a hosting company before ordering service or you'll get duked.

Decided to give these guys a shot back in February of this year. VPS provisioning took ~12 hours to set up - but I thought, whatever I'll let it slide. Due to the low cost I knew I wasn't paying for top notch support. Another issue arose which ticked me off to what I was in for as well when my username and password for their client portal came in an email in plain text (c'mon, what is this 2005?).

Within the first few days, my VPS went offline multiple times, ranging for anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours each occurrence. I reached out for support asking what the deal was only to find incompetent staff asking me what the IP is for my VPS (don't they keep track of this somehow!?) and they never actually address the question that I was asking.

By day 6 of owning the VPS, I requested a refund citing their 7-day money-back guarantee. Another fun experience ensued. They said they were unable to process the return via PayPal due to some issues with their PayPal account and that they contacted PayPal to issue the refund. This seemed like a scam tactic to me to stall until I wasn't able to open a PayPal dispute. So I immediately opened a dispute. Took about a week or so before PayPal put the money back into my account, ComBozo never once responded to the dispute which was quite aggravating.

During this whole ordeal I looked around a bit on the net for similar stories and came across some reviews on WHT. Needless to say this was not a one-off circumstance and these guys are either scam artists or completely incompetent at being a decent hosting provider. Good luck if you're a current customer with them, but don't expect them to be online any time soon. They likely got kicked off of the nodes they were renting. Hope you had offsite backups someplace else as well.

• What do you expect from bozo

• Can't expect much from the bad bozo.

• @MasonR said:
    Just throwing in my 2cents. Avoid these guys at all costs.

tl;dr - Do a quick search and read reviews of a hosting company before ordering service or you'll get duked.

Decided to give these guys a shot back in February of this year. VPS provisioning took ~12 hours to set up - but I thought, whatever I'll let it slide. Due to the low cost I knew I wasn't paying for top notch support. Another issue arose which ticked me off to what I was in for as well when my username and password for their client portal came in an email in plain text (c'mon, what is this 2005?).

Within the first few days, my VPS went offline multiple times, ranging for anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours each occurrence. I reached out for support asking what the deal was only to find incompetent staff asking me what the IP is for my VPS (don't they keep track of this somehow!?) and they never actually address the question that I was asking.

By day 6 of owning the VPS, I requested a refund citing their 7-day money-back guarantee. Another fun experience ensued. They said they were unable to process the return via PayPal due to some issues with their PayPal account and that they contacted PayPal to issue the refund. This seemed like a scam tactic to me to stall until I wasn't able to open a PayPal dispute. So I immediately opened a dispute. Took about a week or so before PayPal put the money back into my account, ComBozo never once responded to the dispute which was quite aggravating.

During this whole ordeal I looked around a bit on the net for similar stories and came across some reviews on WHT. Needless to say this was not a one-off circumstance and these guys are either scam artists or completely incompetent at being a decent hosting provider. Good luck if you're a current customer with them, but don't expect them to be online any time soon. They likely got kicked off of the nodes they were renting. Hope you had offsite backups someplace else as well.

welcome to the club

@nguyen https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74414/combozo-review-possible-scam/

one of our Super Moderator review https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1539407/#Comment_1539407

@Qinhai https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1554710/#Comment_1554710

@xzonisy https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1543010/#Comment_1543010

most of this own company sale thread comes with many bad reviews https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/77087/lifetime-offers-8gb-ram-48-year-6gb-ram-36-year-1gbit-s-phoenix-az-more-offers-inside

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/75401/for-limited-time-8gb-ram-48-year-6gb-ram-36-year-1gbit-s-phoenix-az-more-offers-inside

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74011/for-limited-time-8gb-ram-48-year-6gb-ram-36-year-1gbit-s-phoenix-az-more-offers-inside

some other views from other websites

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1466012

https://webhostinggeeks.com/user-reviews/combozo/

http://www.hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=311333 NEW

• Hi guys,

We were running an updates on the server and the website was down for just a minutes and all is back now , and everything is working right.

If you still have any problem regarding your service please open a ticket to our support staff and will be happy to assist you.

• @x3host said:
    Hi guys,

We were running an updates on the server and the website was down for just a minutes and all is back now , and everything is working right.

If you still have any problem regarding your service please open a ticket to our support staff and will be happy to assist you.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Thanked by 2netomx doghouch
  • @x3host said:
    Hi guys,

So the x3host is the then combozo?

• elgs said: So the x3host is the then combozo?

Yup, and StackVPS.

• TAFKAC - The Artist Formerly Known As Combozo.

Thanked by 1netomx
This discussion has been closed.