Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel's EasyApache 4 (Problem Solved)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel's EasyApache 4 (Problem Solved)

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited October 2016 in Help

Hi,

In New cPanel Installation, EasyApache 3 is not provided, only EasyApache 4. Seems a lot of things got changed in EasyApache 4. So, which options should we use ?? All the Apache & PHP Options are not same in EA4 as they were in EA3. Can anyone tell me which options (Extra) should we use aside the Default Profile) & why ?? ModRuid2/Suphp ??

Help will be much appreciated :)

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

You need to understand the options and choose the ones that best fit your use case and your customer's needs, as well as the best options for security in your environment. As a provider you can do this, right?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I read through that but didn't understand the options I need actually. Then, I googled deeper & understood by spending 2 hours of time more. I should have used it at first.

@jarland said:
    You need to understand the options and choose the ones that best fit your use case and your customer's needs, as well as the best options for security in your environment. As a provider you can do this, right?

Yeah, finding none to help, then I ownself have found it out. I'll be describing what I learnt :)

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@jarland said:

Yeah, finding none to help, then I ownself have found it out. I'll be describing what I learnt :)

Why would you need help? The options are basically the same as they always were. Are you saying that you don't know what the best settings are for building apache in your environment already? How long have you been selling shared hosting now?

• jarland said: Why would you need help? The options are basically the same as they always were. Are you saying that you don't know what the best settings are for building apache in your environment already? How long have you been selling shared hosting now?

I've learned that passing such a judgment is pointless, as it doesn't educate the un-knowing masses.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited October 2016

@Rallias said:

jarland said: Why would you need help? The options are basically the same as they always were. Are you saying that you don't know what the best settings are for building apache in your environment already? How long have you been selling shared hosting now?

I've learned that passing such a judgment is pointless, as it doesn't educate the un-knowing masses.

You're right. This one has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes I wonder what we're doing if not acting as the filter for the provider tag...

I certainly don't know everything (you know that first hand) and wouldn't ask that one person representing a provider know everything, but I do at least expect them to know whether or not they want suPHP, and legitimately worry about their clients sometimes.

Thanked by 1Foul
    edited October 2016

@jarland said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@jarland said:

Why would you need help? The options are basically the same as they always were. Are you saying that you don't know what the best settings are for building apache in your environment already? How long have you been selling shared hosting now?

No The fact is that the names of the Options of Apache now show in Full (As it's RPM-based) & so I got puzzled, nothing serious !

I'll be nice and helpful. Go all defaults and only customize if you need to add something specific (like ioncube). Don't stray from suPHP unless you're fully aware of all aspects of the change you're making.

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • hey, stay cool buddy!

@jarland said:

>

Thanked by 1jar
  • RalliasRallias Member
    edited October 2016

jarland said: Don't stray from suPHP unless you're fully aware of all aspects of the change you're making.

Also, double check that you're on SuPHP (WHM -> Software -> MultiPHP Manager -> PHP Handlers).

Although... in all due fairness, PHP-FPM (cPanel 60+) is pretty nice, and is as-cpanel-user rather than as-nobody. Memory intensive though.

Rallias said: PHP-FPM (cPanel 60+) is pretty nice

Oh is it for actual users now and not just for the panel? I really am failing on release note reading the last month :(

• Attracta doesn't seem to be installing for latest WHM release, cannot install File::NFSLock

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jarland said:

Oh is it for actual users now and not just for the panel? I really am failing on release note reading the last month :(

Same here. Need to investigate further.

• @jarland said:

V60 offers SNI for cpanel services as well. Can't wait until you upgrade your servers ;-)

Thanked by 1jar

camarg said: V60 offers SNI for cpanel services as well. Can't wait until you upgrade your servers ;-)

Yeah sounds like I need to get in on this.

• @jarland said:

I replaced EasyApache altogether with NGINX. Runs like a charm with php-fpm preinstalled. On the side note: holy crud now they just made it harder for me to determine who hosts a cPanel site (I can't just toss :2083 and expect ssl error from host node.... now I have to find the IP and do it)

(test server)