Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self-hosted analytics
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self-hosted analytics

Is there anything in the space between Piwik (PHP/MySQL Wordpress-level beginner) and Snowplow (absurdly over the top enterprise ETL)?

I'm looking to do analytics with custom segmenting and custom visitor fields (like tagging a session with userid) for a few tens of million pv a month (personal project; not a commercial business and not a lot of disposable income for it pay-per-pageview analytics).

Is there anything else around? OWA and Urchin are dead, afaik.

Comments

• Piwik is good though

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • hzrhzr Member

It's fine but I'm looking for something that scales easier and has a bit more features

• You can use more than one app as long as you can pipe it all into a DB that'll take it all (or multiple DBs that can pipe it to some sort of visualization or whatever it is you're looking for solution). It's not going to be the most efficient but you literally can choose what you want to collect and how to display it.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited January 2017

Old thread, but bumping:

Right now my stack:

I am always looking out for something to replace piwik still.

• Whats wrong with Google Analytics?

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    Old thread, but bumping:

Right now my stack:

Influxdb is pretty nice but remember that once you have to scale (cluster/shard management) things you will need to subscribe to their $700 per month package for 2 servers.

• Piwik here + redis queued tracking for better scalability http://piwik.org/faq/how-to/faq_19738/

• jhjh Member

GA is a constant uphill battle with spam. Piwik is great. GoSquared is also good if you want to get simple data out quickly/clearly - but not self hosted and has been a number of price hikes in recent months.

• hzrhzr Member

n1kko said: Whats wrong with Google Analytics?

GA and all the popular ones are long since banned or blocked by most clients, my site is related online video games/esports, ~93% block rates (self measured by loading two HTTP No Content images, one named something really obviously blocked and one named something random)