Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting VPN Company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting VPN Company

i want start vpn company ! But i am looking for VPS or dedicated server with multi IP's ! anyone can give me full information how can i find best server with multi location ? what is the best VPS for starting pn company!
Thank you for all

Thanked by 1Baris

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

Don't. VPN services are a terrible idea. Here is why.

• fxffxf Member
    edited October 2016

@joepie91 said:

That's just arguing why you shouldn't use VPN services, not why you shouldn't host them.

Actually it seems to make the case that being a VPN provider is easy and profitable. I might start one now too.

• @fxf said:

@joepie91 said:

That's just arguing why you shouldn't use VPN services, not why you shouldn't host them.

Actually it seems to make the case that being a VPN provider is easy and profitable. I might start one now too.

Are you have any idea how to get best VPS ? Or dedicated server ?

• If you're with the pro-privacy thingy, just move on. If you're in it for the quick buck, also, move on, or give it a try, we might get some funny stories in here about it. If you're seriously considering investing in it (are you nuts ?) you shouldn't be looking for a step by step tutorial, again, move on. The last option is : you're in bed with a gov somewhere and receiving funds which IMO not the case, since you won't be asking about it in here ... so, keep moving please.

If you really wanna try it, spin a DO server, setup PPTP server with multiple users and see how it goes.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • joepie91 said: VPN services are a terrible idea. Here is why.

That link leads to a troll. Not that there isn't information there, but it's all based on assumptions that may or may not be true in any particular situation.

A VPN is sometimes an appropriate solution. Making blanket statements does not work in security, and certainly does not help people understand the issues.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited October 2016

ahmaddirar12 said: Are you have any idea how to get best VPS ? Or dedicated server ?

That is a vague question which no one can answer for you without more details, which it sounds like you don't have. As it stands, one might think you have no idea what you're doing.

You should consider what your market is going to be, what is their reasons for buying a VPN (particularly from you), and where they would like the servers to be located. You might also want to look at successful VPN service providers to see how they are doing it and how you can compete with what they are offering, either by doing it better or by differentiating yourself in some way.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I had the idea to setup a vpn host using containers per session, this ensured that any logs/data/cache for that "User" was gone when the connection closed and the container destroyed. There is an idea you can have.

Thanked by 1Crogic
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

I know a bunch of owners of VPN services in the CIS which use VDS. The main large server channel. In one example VDS to 5-10 clients and easily pays for itself.

• dcamerodcamero Member
    edited October 2016

Here is a Bulgarian VPN provider already set up and for sale: https://flippa.com/6991490-myvpn-bg

• LOL if you have to ask, you should not be doing this.

• @Ole_Juul said:

joepie91 said: VPN services are a terrible idea. Here is why.

That link leads to a troll. Not that there isn't information there, but it's all based on assumptions that may or may not be true in any particular situation.

I'ts his own post, see the username on the upper left part of the page :)

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

fxf said: That's just arguing why you shouldn't use VPN services, not why you shouldn't host them.

If nobody should use VPN services, then if you have any ethical integrity whatsoever, you should thus not be selling them either.

A VPN is sometimes an appropriate solution. Making blanket statements does not work in security, and certainly does not help people understand the issues.

Which is why that gist 1) points out exceptions, 2) explains how to solve your issues instead, and 3) tells you why those alternatives are better.w

You may not like the contents of that gist, but they are absolutely not "based on assumptions" at all, beyond the assumptions that are necessary to do threat modelling - namely, if somebody can be adversarial, and you have no way to prove that they're not, then you must assume that they are.

@pbgben said:
    I had the idea to setup a vpn host using containers per session, this ensured that any logs/data/cache for that "User" was gone when the connection closed and the container destroyed. There is an idea you can have.

This does absolutely nothing from a security point of view. As a provider, destroying a container does not have any real difference from just removing files, and as a customer you still cannot verify that the provider does what they claim.

This is one of those ideas that sounds really cool and 'secure' on paper, but has no useful real-world consequences.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2016

joepie91 said: If nobody should use VPN services, then if you have any ethical integrity whatsoever, you should thus not be selling them either.

Even without morals this is... not very profitable. No interest in the possible legal issues for a few kEUR/mo even if my morals perfectly allow selling overpriced services to idiots :)

• Sure, this works for logs they need after - you can however not circumvent a national security letter (which is not publishable) or a subpoena requiring you to log forward (eg. they come with a specific username to copy).

Further, it is pointless to be foreign either and host a server in the US - on a VPS your ISP will tap it, on Dedicated/Colo your DC will.

Generally an anonymous VPN service can be pulled off (and is at least on the surface, see ovpn.to, impressively running since long time now) if you pay anonymous for your servers which nowadays is MUCH more possible than some years ago (BTC, Prepaid CC increase as well as merchant account availability, eg. use an iPhone app + reader to scan prepaid CCs and book to your bank account as DC/ISP).

If you do colo - which you ultimately will need to for security reasons if serious, eg. case intrusion - you need to ship hardware which is an issue/can be traced though.

Doing VPN as company offshore (Seychelles, HK, MY etc.) does work with VERY limited payment providers (no CC, no PayPal) but most of the owners are not in this countries and German or $whatever police will at one point get you by money alone (dem tax) and the nerves of offshore jurisdictions are not always the best either (see how fast HK accepted to raid Kimbles HK office etc.).

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul fxf