Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for people in Saudi Arabaia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for people in Saudi Arabaia

xaitmixaitmi Member
edited October 2016 in Requests

Will be used as a VPN for using VOIP services.

Should have good latency

Min 100GB b/w

Will need a couple of IPv4s (Need 1 when purchasing and will add on more later after everything is setup)

Post below with what locations you have that have good routing to Saudi Arabia.

Comments

• Europe.

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

nashirnet !

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Germany in lowend pricing.

• DanDan Member

I'd avoid doing VOIP in Saudi Arabia in general, it is likely not legal unless you get a telecom license (based off the CITC banning every major OTT Voice app), and peering in the region is awful. The VOIP providers I know of in the region haul their DIDs out over classic TDM trunks (lots of copper) and convert to G.711 outside the region, in countries where VOIP isn't illegal.

• i can make something in Romania in 4 different network.

• Dan said: and convert to G.711 outside the region, in countries where VOIP isn't illegal.

We have a LOT of this in Israel - Israeli IP networks are banned in some arab countries but the phone lines are of british origin and work fine while IL has much less VOIP restrictions.

Thanked by 1hynds
  • @Dan said:
    I'd avoid doing VOIP in Saudi Arabia in general, it is likely not legal unless you get a telecom license (based off the CITC banning every major OTT Voice app), and peering in the region is awful. The VOIP providers I know of in the region haul their DIDs out over classic TDM trunks (lots of copper) and convert to G.711 outside the region, in countries where VOIP isn't illegal.

Basically I know a few ppl who use VOIP services in Saudi Arabia but the ISP or w.e keeps banning their VPNs and stuff so they asked me if I know of a way to bypass that so I figured setting up an SSTP or VPN on port 443 should probably help them out.

• @cociu said:
    i can make something in Romania in 4 different network.

Sent you a PM

• DanDan Member

I'd highly recommend avoiding looking like TLS traffic in Saudi Arabia, if you could run it over port 80 and make it look like HTTP traffic that'd probably fly well under the radar. I'd use Obfsproxy with Meek or a similar pluggable transport myself.

• Dan said: I'd highly recommend avoiding looking like TLS traffic in Saudi Arabia, if you could run it over port 80 and make it look like HTTP traffic that'd probably fly well under the radar. I'd use Obfsproxy with Meek or a similar pluggable transport myself.

Ironically they use western systems which probably fail to detect that yea - the Chinese ones are not that easily fooled (the CN config is the lower end possible actually, the high end is only used in Iran and likely Sudan).