Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH debt account - 100 eur
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH debt account - 100 eur

Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2016 in General

Hi!

Orders a trial version of the service microsoft 365. Then at the end of the month slapped his account and automatically paid 100 euros and threatened: if payment is not received without delay, we will start legal proceedings to obtain payment of this invoice. Cancel button was not in the control panel. I am not a resident of the EU.

What will be the consequences? I do not know what to do. Or my agenda come to Ukraine in court?

Comments

• Probably nothing will happen. Don't worry.

• Do you want to use OVH again? Then pay it.
    Otherwise ignore it.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Same thing here, was testing the PCC last year and when I asked about cancelling they told be to delete everything from vSphere and I did. Then I got invoice for another month. It will restrict you from renewing any accounts based Service. Like Exchange mail, 365 etc. Now you can still create new services but not renew them. Also, their support is clueless as usuall and would not let me pay for a service. Thwy would rather loose a customer then fix a billing error.

• I you should ask them to cancel the services, as it was a trial, trial means trial, so you where not happy and you do not wish to continue, how hard is that for people to understand, this is why is called trial to try it and if you are not happy to cancel it.

• Never pay by CC for trial or recurring payment. If they not accept PP just skip it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@racksx said:
    I you should ask them to cancel the services, as it was a trial, trial means trial, so you where not happy and you do not wish to continue, how hard is that for people to understand, this is why is called trial to try it and if you are not happy to cancel it.

Depending on he contract, notice periods etc.. Last time I've checked 'trial' wasn't defined in the law.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

On that account, there is
    nothing, it was registered by
    mistake a French branch. I did
    not know what to do and
    runabove undertook tests on
    what services to sunrise. I
    never pay for this account.

• Ovh tos:

1. Term and Termination
      11.1 The Contract shall commence on the date notified by the Supplier in accordance with
      Condition 7.4 above and shall terminate automatically on the expiry date specified in the
      Order (the “Expiry Date”). The Supplier shall notify the Customer of the Expiry Date by
      sending at least 3 reminders by email to last email address notified and updated by the
      Customer from time to time.
    edited October 2016

@racksx said:
    Ovh tos:

1. Term and Termination
      11.1 The Contract shall commence on the date notified by the Supplier in accordance with
      Condition 7.4 above and shall terminate automatically on the expiry date specified in the
      Order (the “Expiry Date”). The Supplier shall notify the Customer of the Expiry Date by
      sending at least 3 reminders by email to last email address notified and updated by the

That did not happen. Nothing
    comes to e-mail, in addition to
    payment from their side, and
    create a new order paid the debt. Wtf? A button
    on the abolition of the no, they
    wrote, they do not care. And on
    the other services in the
    sunrise section of cancellation
    does not work.

edited October 2016

@racksx said:
    Ovh tos:

1. Term and Termination

sorry for double post

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@racksx said:
    I you should ask them to cancel the services, as it was a trial, trial means trial, so you where not happy and you do not wish to continue, how hard is that for people to understand, this is why is called trial to try it and if you are not happy to cancel it.

If I recall correctly, it's not allowed in most (all?) EU countries to automatically bill somebody for services after a free trial, unless they are offered a chance to cancel after the trial.

• Vova1234 said: That did not happen. Nothing comes to e-mail, in addition to payment from their side, and create a new order paid the debt. Wtf? A button on the abolition of the no, they wrote, they do not care. And on the other services in the sunrise section of cancellation does not work.

Contact Octave at @olesovhcom via Twitter: that's the best way to get anything done with them.

@jiggawattz said:

Vova1234 said: That did not happen. Nothing comes to e-mail, in addition to payment from their side, and create a new order paid the debt. Wtf? A button on the abolition of the no, they wrote, they do not care. And on the other services in the sunrise section of cancellation does not work.

Contact Octave at @olesovhcom via Twitter: that's the best way to get anything done with them.

I know. I read his twitter. I just do not know whether it makes sense to write, as this garbage account is simple, and is not used at all, even on the payments was not there. Mistakenly registered. And what could the consequences be, in Google found only a few references on the topic of auto payment. I am interested in the effects of which were some people had the same problem.