Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute email worth getting with dedi box?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute email worth getting with dedi box?

I currently have my own dedicated box that I'm renting from ReliableSite.net that I use to host my own handful of sites and 2-3 others for friends. The issue I'm having is the IP seems to have issues with being on spam lists from time to time which means my own emails either get delayed or added to users spam box.

Would I be better off going with MXRoute or having someone who really knows email servers come in and look at all my settings and get my IP off the spam lists as well?

In addition I run a couple Xenforo forum sites - if I did go with MXroute, do you guys know if I could still use their service to send email from the forums (new replies, conversations, new user confirmation, etc?)

Thanks!

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2016

Let @Jarland do the hard work work for you. For what he charges, there's no economy in doing it yourself, unless you really want to learn the ins-and-outs.

• Nekki said: Let @Jarland do the hard work work for you.

He does give good reacharounds if you offer him a redbull.

But yeah, You're better off going with @Jarland, and yeah you can send emails from xenforo using MXRoute.

Thanked by 1jar
  • fluffydino said: Would I be better off going with MXRoute or having someone who really knows email servers come in and look at all my settings and get my IP off the spam lists as well?

Either way, it's always a good decision! ;)

How many mails are you sending? Guess you have to talk to @Jarland directly, he will work out something for you, that works.
    Hopefully an option that won't break you bank and his neither! :D

Other than that: You could look at services like Mailgun!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Foul said: He does give good reacharounds if you offer him a redbull.

Protip - let him drink the RedBull first...

Thanked by 2jar Foul
  • fluffydino said: In addition I run a couple Xenforo forum sites - if I did go with MXroute, do you guys know if I could still use their service to send email from the forums (new replies, conversations, new user confirmation, etc?)

Yup, either by configuring mxroute as the smtp server to use in the xenforo settings or by setting up a smarthost with exim.

XenForo SMTP is pretty slow though, if you ever want to send out a newsletter, don't do it with the mass mail function if you configured a smtp server.

Thanked by 1jar
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

If you go with MXRoute then you won't have to worry about emails getting landed in spam ..ever

Just go with MXRoute!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Bochi said: Other than that: You could look at services like Mailgun!

Well I should say, my two most active forums are now setup to use AWS SES for transnational emails. But I'd still need to send emails from those domains for day to day communication between me and other people/companies.

• Foul said: He does give good reacharounds if you offer him a redbull.

I was just looking at the current promotions and somehow I managed to miss this add "feature" ;)

Thanked by 1Foul
  • BochiBochi Member
    edited October 2016

@fluffydino said:

Bochi said: Other than that: You could look at services like Mailgun!

Well I should say, my two most active forums are now setup to use AWS SES for transnational emails. But I'd still need to send emails from those domains for day to day communication between me and other people/companies.

So its basically just for your personal mails, all the heavy lifting is done by AWS SES?
    Go with MXRoute, instant! :D

• Another +1 for MXRoute. Use it daily and never disappoints.

• Bochi said: So its basically just for your personal mails, all the heavy lifting is done by AWS SES?

That would be correct - emails from the forum about user replies, conversations, thread subscriptions, etc are all processed through SES now.

• Nekki said: Protip - let him drink the RedBull first...

Hentai and chill session?

• fluffydino said: That would be correct - emails from the forum about user replies, conversations, thread subscriptions, etc are all processed through SES now.

SES and mxroute are pretty much the same, SES is maybe a bit less reliable for some emails and probably a lot faster than mxroute in general email delivery.

• Foul said: Hentai and chill session?

When you find someone who's down with that, you know you've got a keeper.

• never host your own email, just go with jarland & mxroute

Thanked by 1jar
  • Fuck me, all of LET actually agrees on something.

• Using both mxroute and my own server as there are a few (personal) things I miss with mxroute. I would say, go with mxroute :)

• Is the deliverability of MXRoute on par with G Suite?

• I doubt anyone is on par, but I'm sure it's a far cry better than most of us could achieve on OVH IPs

• that said he probably doesnt want people using it for mass email

• It makes no sense to hassle with your own setup. The big trouble isn't in the setup anyway, it's with the maintenance for deliverability. Let @Jarland worry about that and fetch a Martini - stirred, not shaken.

• fluffydino said: In addition I run a couple Xenforo forum sites - if I did go with MXroute, do you guys know if I could still use their service to send email from the forums (new replies, conversations, new user confirmation, etc?)

For transactional emails you can look at services like Sendgrid (40,000 emails per month for 9.95/mo). I'm sure you can find free options too. This way you have statistics (I don't know if MXroute do that).

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited October 2016

tr1cky said: SES and mxroute are pretty much the same, SES is maybe a bit less reliable for some emails and probably a lot faster than mxroute in general email delivery.

Ses is a bit faster than Mxroute for email delivery but its probably due to mailchannels as its dose outgoing spam filtering.

i've used both deliverable is about the same when you say Ses maybe a bit less reliable for some emails what email's are you talking about.

• Never faced any issues with MXRoute. The deliverability of emails is much better than anything you could set up on your own.

I routinely use it for smaller projects when I can't justify spending on G Suite.

For the price that @Jarland charges, the service quality and reliability is top notch.

So, like most LETers I'd highly recommend it too.

• Does somebody know where the MXroute servers are located? US or EU?

• @sirpumpkin said:
    Does somebody know where the MXroute servers are located? US or EU?

US.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited October 2016

@sirpumpkin said:
    Does somebody know where the MXroute servers are located? US or EU?

Incero or Psychz - Dallas, US, I think.

• @K4Y5 said: Psychz - Dallas, US, I think.

Depends on server, they use Incero primarily I believe.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @Ishaq said:

@K4Y5 said: Psychz - Dallas, US, I think.

Depends on server, they use Incero primarily I believe.

Yeah, I just remembered that and edited my post a few moments ago.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Purely Incero Dallas right now. Gives us a unique privacy angle in that we have a physical presence overseeing the servers in the datacenter every week.

Might have something launching in OVH Canada though soon, a different product, if it works :)

Thanked by 1K4Y5