Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corgi Tech - VMware VPS for $6 - London (UK) and USA : Dallas/ Phoenix/ New York
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corgi Tech - VMware VPS for $6 - London (UK) and USA : Dallas/ Phoenix/ New York

KakashiKakashi Member
edited December 2011 in Offers

Ladies and Gentlemen during this festive season we are back with another mouth watering promotion. We've had some excellent feedback and are looking to expand further. This time around we can offer the same high standards of VPS hosting at three locations in the USA and one in the UK.

Here is what you can get for your $6.

-> 20GB Raid 10 Storage
-> 512MB Dedicated RAM
-> 2 CPU Cores
-> 1TB Bandwidth on a 100mbit connection.
-> Web Control Panel Access (Upon request)
-> *Complimentary Off site weekly backups.

https://corgitech.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=10 and use code : CORGI50

The above code works with all of our offers and will expire at some point early January 2012.

We have a few customers here on Lowendbox who I am sure will vouch for our support and quality of service.

Test IP and files for both locations can be found at the bottom of our VPS page : corgitech.com/linux_vps.html

We only have IPv4 available at the moment. Domain Name registration, Cpanel and Management options are exlcuded from the offer. Anonymous Proxies, Medium to Heavy Video Encoding, Seedboxes etc... are not permitted. IRC rules are dependent on location so please contact us for details. New orders only.

Comments

• which uk dc are you in?

• Redstation

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited December 2011

I'm a customer of Corgitech, and I think Kakashi has been so helpful up until now, and so far no problem yet with my VPS. :)

Worth to be noted, VMWare is a tad different, especially for those who already got spoiled with with Xen/OpenVZ + SolusVM tight integration, this is regardless of the provider, of course.

@Kakashi So if I'm correct, the difference with your previous $7 offer would be the disk space is getting halved? Damn, I actually prefer this kind setup, don't need that much of disk space. But as you say, new order only. :P

And just a suggestion, but if you could provide preloaded ISOs in the VMWare Webpanel, that would be an extra selling point in your offer. :)

Thanked by 1drmike
  • Yeah it's slightly different. That was our launch special and we were very generous with the resources. Like you said this might suit some people more :)

Thank your for your positive comments :)

• Can you share with us the results of #cat /proc/cpuinfo and and #dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test on UK and NY node please?

• Which new york datacenter are you in?

• The NYC Datacenter is Equinix.

We have a mix of Dual Hexacore and Quad Core Xeons for both NYC and UK locations:

UK Details:

processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 44
    model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    stepping : 2
    cpu MHz : 2660.000
    cache size : 12288 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 4
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 4
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 11
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology tsc_reliable nonstop_tsc aperfmperf unfair_s pinlock pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat
    bogomips : 5320.00
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.26574 s, 252 MB/s

We just got the NYC host a few days ago. It has virtually zero utilisation so the results would be the same or better than above.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited December 2011

-what os'es are available?(and is windows available for free?)
    -is it possible to reinstall by yourself without control panel?
    -what does the control panel look like? Can we get access?

• The usual Linux ones, Centos5/6 , Ubuntu, Debian, as well as Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2003 SP2.

You can reinstall a OS yourself via the Web Control Panel.

You can only get access to the control panel once you have a VPS with us.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited December 2011

@Kakashi:
    I understand that you'll get control panel access after signup haha. Was just wondering what the control panel was able to do and what you would need it for.

And is windows 2008 available free of charge? On the site I saw a one time installation fee I thought?
    Is vnc installation by yourself provided?

• Why the data center info shows only two locations in U.S. while you announced three in your post?

• Yeah I just noticed that. Fixed it now :) Thanks for pointing it out.

• @Kakashi another problem about your site. It seems down right now...

• We had someone smacking around our main site with a multi gigabit DDOS attack. Client VPS's were unaffected for the most part, but the main site took the brunt of it. It's back up now.

• @Kakashi: did you see my questions in my last post to you?

• Hi sorry for not picking up on that.

Well you can view the console, restart, shutdown, suspend your VPS. Mount an ISO from your local client to the VPS (which allows you to reinstall your own OS). You can also access the BIOS and view resource usage.

Windows 2008 is charged at $10 per month. The Setup fee thing was an error that we corrected yesterday. As for VNC, we set that up for Ubuntu Desktop 11 but otherwise users can connect via RDP/putty or the console from the Web control panel.