Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows on Digital Ocean
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows on Digital Ocean

ihadpihadp Member
edited October 2016 in General

Hi Everyone,

I was reading here on the forums about another user installing Windows to their Digital Ocean server/vps, but refusing to provide any real information on how to he completed.

This thread specifically - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1891553/

That thread got me thinking and I have been attempting to install windows, but coming up short to say the least. The plan is to get Windows installed so I can release compatible templates like I have done for Online.net & Kimsufi.

The templates I created originally BSOD on boot, hence I am trying to install via ISO so I can work out driver compatibility issues as there isn't a rescue environment with DO that can be easily used without having to open a ticket to have the ISO mounted every damn time.

So here is my question.

How in the hell do I boot to the Windows installation ISO using grub2?

I have tried everything I have found and each time I end up with "error: hd1 cannot get c/h/s values".

What am I doing wrong?

Couple of notes..

• I have the smallest instance setup with Ubuntu 16
  • I have multiple additional disks added to allow for FAT32 partition and a 2nd to install windows to (I want to avoid overwriting the original Ubuntu OS so I can make the templates later easily.)

Thanks everyone!

Thanked by 1lynda

Comments