Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server in East Asia with a direct connection to China mainland needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server in East Asia with a direct connection to China mainland needed

Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
edited October 2016 in Requests

For our VPN service we are looking for a server in East Asia (Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Mongolia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar ...) with a direct connection to China mainland.

Here are the specs:

• 1-2 Cores
  • 2 GB RAM
  • VPS with KVM, VMware or Xen virtualization or dedicated server
  • 20 GB HDD space or 32 GB SSD
  • shared 100 Mbps uplink with max. 5TB/month
  • option to bring a /24 for a BGP session (a LoA can be provided)

Payment: Bitcoins or VISA.

Please contact me via PM if you have an offer.

Thank you.

Comments

• also looking for such thing,
    PM and paypal is my payment method.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

5TB VPN traffic with direct China Route in Asia.. you need US$500 + per month.

Thanked by 2doughmanes thatix
  • let me know, too

• thatixthatix Member
    edited October 2016

Mongolia,Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar

Running VPN in counties like Cambodia which even still blocks facebook(plus poor Internet infrastructure) is a f*cking bad idea.

What a joke :)

Let me add another couple of countries for you

• Kazakhstan
    • Kyrgyzstan
    • Tajikistan
    • Afghanistan
    • Pakistan
    • Nepal
    • Bhutan

:)

PS: I can make my 4$/mo box capable of streaming 4K from Youtube. I highly doubt if you can provide the same quality(or better) with less than 4$/mo

Sorry to burst people's hopes and dreams, but bandwidth in Asia, particularly with good routes to China, IS EXPENSIVE.

People with ideas that you can get USA or EU level pricing, are going to be in for a big shock when they get quotes from providers in Asia.

To my knowledge, HK, Singapore and Japan have the best and cheapest bandwidth in the region. Taiwan and South Korea are also pretty good. But for China, HK has the best quality and probably prices, but you must expect $100 + /Mbit for dedicated China traffic.

You can get cheaper bandwidth from the likes of PCCW, HGC, Pacnet and even HKBN that include direct China routes, but even then you're going to have to expect prices of around $50 /mbit or so. AND EVEN THEN, for China bound traffic, it WILL be oversold, and you WILL experience periods of congestion resulting in high latency or slow speeds, or both! Not all the time, but during peak hours.

So for 5TB of traffic in Asia with high quality links to China, you really shouldn't expect anything less than $500 (which may still be susceptible to congestion) or US$2,400 for the good stuff (proper dedicated China bandwidth directly through China Telecom).

Thanked by 1William
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

well, 5TB monthly makes approx. 16mbps unmetered china direct. can offer cn2 cu cm direct china from HKG for around 1150euros a month for traffic only. able to provide proof of having DIRECT ct cu cm, not through pccw ntt and others.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2016

estnoc said: able to provide proof of having DIRECT ct cu cm, not through pccw ntt and others.

So you can prove your network is crap essentially? PCCW and NTT + Chungwa etc. are the ONLY reasonable way into China, if you are just a small customer CNC/CT will oversell your port to the max and tell you to fuck off and buy somewhere else if you complain.

Yea... no....

edited October 2016

William said: CNC/CT will oversell your port to the max and tell you to fuck off and buy somewhere else if you complain.

Seriously? Paying HK$1,000 - $1,500 /mbit and they still oversell? That being said @estnoc suggested that he an sell 16Mbit for EUR 1150 which would work out to be around HK$610 /mbit, so less than half every quote I have seen under 1G? So that does indeed look oversold to me.

As for the HKBN comment, I should have clarified what I meant by "EVEN'. They DO have direct China routes, but unless you specifically buy China they provide a heavily oversold connection that is often congested. Not UNUSABLE but certainly not as good as PCCW.

HKBN's prices are typically cheaper so it has its place.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

NTT at least, is not even near to the reasonable way into china. Packet loss after packet loss,after packet loss and another packet loss. then everlasting congestions after congestions. anyway, i have had very bad experience with ntt. thats it.

so far i had not noticed any oversold port on cn2 ct cm side. speeds that are promised, are always delivered.

about price,i did some miscalculation earlier. for 16mbit it is 16x 85Eur. totaling 1312euros. In HKD it equals to ~710hkd per 1mbps. AND again, these speeds when purchased, are always delivered. at least my practice shows that, as we have our services running now fifth month in a row non-stop.

@William said:

estnoc said: able to provide proof of having DIRECT ct cu cm, not through pccw ntt and others.

So you can prove your network is crap essentially? PCCW and NTT + Chungwa etc. are the ONLY reasonable way into China, if you are just a small customer CNC/CT will oversell your port to the max and tell you to fuck off and buy somewhere else if you complain.

Yea... no....

• best solution: make your isp deploys cn2 home bandwidth for you. just like me :D

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2016

estnoc said: anyway, i have had very bad experience with ntt

nah, don't get me wrong, NTT especially in Asia can be... special to deal with. They own HKNet in HK which is even... worse. Japan is the again separated into NTT Docomo/Local and the international... nightmare.

BW generally is ok and they have direct China (not in the default mix, HKNet has it as addon but uses same NTT ASN as sole upstream then IIRC) - the comment is more that without any size (which means more than a Gbit commit) they are literally ripping you off and laugh about you buying it (just run some calculations, the price difference between Direct China in HK and a Gbit excellent BW in Shenzhen local JUST across the border is 100-150$/Mbit to 2-4$/Mbit for gwailo (hehe, foreigner essentially), as local company or with connects you can get down as well).

randvegeta said: As for the HKBN comment, I should have clarified what I meant by "EVEN'. They DO have direct China routes, but unless you specifically buy China they provide a heavily oversold connection that is often congested. Not UNUSABLE but certainly not as good as PCCW.

HKBN's prices are typically cheaper so it has its place.

Yea, i guess their other mixes (i think 3, 4 total?) work better but the default blend is.. questionable. We had/have way worse though in the years now (the basements...) + HKBN is old and can be trusted ok-ish. Would use as BGP though, the IPs tend to end up blacklisted...