Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST VPS PROVIDER - For serious website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BEST VPS PROVIDER - For serious website

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited April 2013 in General

Hello Guys,

I see a lot many LEBs here, people use them from VPN,Torrenting,Webservers, DB and hobby projects.
Can you recommend me providers that are very serious in nature and offers they have.

I need nodes with mostly non-abusive nature. Do not want to hit a serious website with stupid loads that usually LEBs encounter occasionally.

Comments

• bnmklbnmkl Member

Prometeus

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

Amazon
    linode
    knownhost
    wiredtree

If you still want LEB prices and good quality then look at the KVM and Xen offers, obviously a few LEB hosts that use OpenVZ have not enetered the stupid Ram Race yet so you can look at them too, such as Ramnode, hostigation, BuyVM etc.

• I am not sure what to say, Prometeus is going to have some change and shifting in their webservers to romania, it is hesitating me.

@darknessends said: Prometeus is going to have some change and shifting in their webservers to romania, it is hesitating me.

That was a joke for April 1st i.e. April Fools Day

• You're probably best of going with a bigger host that owns their hardware. Otherwise; we're also a great choice! Check out signature :)

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited April 2013

That was an April Fools joke... Do not worry :D @AnthonySmith made a good point about choosing KVM or Xen (depending on your needs).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@darknessends said: Can you recommend me providers that are very serious in nature and offers they have.

cough

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited April 2013

@darknessends said: Can you recommend me providers that are very serious in nature and offers they have.

I like EDIS, Prometeus, & BuyVM (I've used BuyVM for production, and it's always worked great) My Prometeus box will be going into production soon aswell. I've only used EDIS for VPNing, but my box has been online since the day I got it and set it up.

I love EDIS and Prometeus though. XD

• BEST VPS PROVIDER - For serious website

"for serious website" on the lower end of the price scale (but upper end of the quality scale) I'd vote for Prometeus KVM or Xen. On the not low end "for really serious website" I use CloudVPS (Xen) in Amsterdam. I wouldn't use openvz "for serious website"

@DomainBop said: I wouldn't use openvz "for serious website"

Love to hear a good solid reason for that.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2013

BHost (UK) - OpenVZ - great network, great uptime, you get the resources you pay for.

Evorack (UK) - Xen -other than some small issues during the UK attacks that were gong on, rock solid servers, great support, and you get what you pay for (resources).

Greenyhost (US East Coast) - Xen - Not an LEB provider here, but offers a $7.00 server on Choopa that's been pretty sweet, connectivity rocks and server is a beast. Routes are awesome in US and EU from this network, and from their servers I have always been able to max my 100mbit without a problem. (I believe they use 10gbit drops to their servers, instead of single gigabit, at least it seems that way)

Front Range Host (US West Coast) - KVM - other than unscheduled maintenance (power issues in the DC) - KVM I have with them has been running great. Single homed Cogent (They may have another provider as well, but most of the routing is through Cogent), but they seem to get pretty decent routes to most places. haven't had any noisey neighbor issues so far.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

@jarland said: Love to hear a good solid reason for that.

Because the Ram race has ruined trust for serious customers and all the I know which buttons to press but not what they do hosts use it. I don't count you in that for the record.

@AnthonySmith said: Because the Ram race has ruined trust for serious customers and all the I know which buttons to press but not what they do hosts use it. I don't count you in that for the record.

Yeah, but more of a jab at providers than the fake virtualization platform ;)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

RAM Host.

• I seriously request people to avoid posting Videos, Images and other funny stuff, I want to keep it serious, I know you can but I am requesting to keep stuff serious. This thread may gain importance for a lot of providers to show the serious nature and commitment of their business and other people may refer to it too.

edited April 2013

@darknessends said: I seriously request people to avoid posting Videos, Images and other funny stuff, I want to keep it serious, I know you can but I am requesting to keep stuff serious.

People are offering you suggestions now calm down Madonna. What do you think people are using their VPS for anyway? Why does anyone ever evaluate a provider and why do they use the criteria that they do? It all goes to the same thing. The reason we all exist is to provide hosting services. None of us have a clown on our front page and a message saying "You probably shouldn't host things you care about here because I'm not checking on the node from the bar every night."

Everything about this forum in regards to reviews, provider polls, it's all based around what you're asking. If you're asking for the provider least likely to post a funny video on an internet forum, you probably should have worded it that way from the beginning so we could all be clear that you hadn't just posted a completely useless thread. Every single one of us think we're the perfect choice to host your serious website. Well, except me, because I've seen your complete disregard for the law and I'd really rather you didn't sign up, because unlike you I do take things seriously when I close this browser tab. Things like reviews and the recent provider poll are exactly how you tell which of us you trust most. You literally just came in here and asked "Who is the best VPS provider." The "serious website" modifier is of no value.

That serious enough for you? :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I'm gonna get bashed but... I use Chicago VPS for production and NEVER have a problem with them. Openvz

• These guys are great.

Linode
    LiquidWeb
    Rackspace
    softlayer

• @hdpixel, LEB providers suggestions plz.

edited April 2013

@darknessends said: LEB providers suggestions plz.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7946/the-provider-with-the-best-uptime
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/lowendbox-top-providers-2013-q1-results/
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=review+site:lowendtalk.com
    http://www.96mb.com/
    http://lowendbox.com
    http://lowendtalk.com

All better reads than "who is the best vps provider" like you're going to get some magical answer other than...every provider here who hasn't deadpooled.

• @darknessends said: LEB providers suggestions plz.

Then prometeus biz plan and that's it.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said: Then prometeus biz plan and that's it.

+1

• Castlegem is also an excellent provider for serious and reliable services..oh and their prices are quite good too.

• +1 for RamNode @Nick_A Deals with any abusive VPSes quickly to avoid service disruption.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@chrisp said: Castlegem is also an excellent provider for serious and reliable services..oh and their prices are quite good too.

This. There are lots of good providers out there.

@BlackoutIsHere said: +1 for RamNode @Nick_A Deals with any abusive VPSes quickly to avoid service disruption.

And this.

edited April 2013

@Jack said: @Infinity you have a box with him, don't you?

I thought they were mentioned. Yup Stuart/OnePoundWebHosting is brilliant!

• Hmmm, then I should mention other ones
    Like HttpZoom, XenVZ/OpenITC, Corgitech...

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@chrisp said: Castlegem is also an excellent provider for serious and reliable services..oh and their prices are quite good too.

From all namest listed above this would be my pick too. I am hosted with plenty LEB providers I like and appreciate. Many of them do great work. But to host something mission critical... I wouldn't do it with most of them. Lowendbox/lowendtalk hype can be useful when you're looking for relatively stable host run by nice people to host your hobby sites but to host something really serious use some common sense and pick... serious hosting company instead nice lowendbox/lowendtalk guy.

No offense guys - that's the way how I feel regarding those things.

@yomero said: XenVZ/OpenITC

Another good one.