Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All VPS providers in Ohio?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

All VPS providers in Ohio?

While Ohio has a decent amount of datacenters, very few seem to be in the low end range. I am looking to make a list of any providers that sell VPS/Cloud/Dedicated Servers that have at least have one plan that is $10 or under a month. Any city will work, as long as its in the state of Ohio, not near Ohio, but actually inside of Ohio. If you know of any, please post below. Thanks

Comments

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited October 2016

It is strange - Cleveland now has quite a few datacenters. The Dublin/Columbus area is full of them, and even has the right type of crowd with Ohio State. Cincinnati, while I have a distaste as a Cleveland'er, is plenty technical, but there's such a lack in the low end market. It really does make me regret selling my hosting company way back in 2005. I'm not sure if it's due to the heavy insurance, healthcare & tech presence in Ohio, that causes datacenter space to have inflated pricing, or what the issue is.

• OnApp_Terry said: It is strange - Cleveland now has quite a few datacenters. The Dublin/Columbus area is full of them, and even has the right type of crowd with Ohio State

Not relevant. The only reason for Ohio is power pricing, just like in Utah. The tech people locally are not relevant, a typical DC employs a few security guards and a bunch of L1/L2 button press monkeys only.

• VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited October 2016

Certainly not under $10, but one of the few I know of is http://www.xlhost.com/hosting/virtual-private-servers/ in Columbus.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @William said:

OnApp_Terry said: It is strange - Cleveland now has quite a few datacenters. The Dublin/Columbus area is full of them, and even has the right type of crowd with Ohio State

Not relevant. The only reason for Ohio is power pricing, just like in Utah. The tech people locally are not relevant, a typical DC employs a few security guards and a bunch of L1/L2 button press monkeys only.

I was generalizing heavily, but I was really referring more to age, & skillset than work experience. Though, our industry has gotten much much older, and business oriented in a very short period of time.

• https://vrocket.io/ is in Columbus.

AWS just went live in Columbus too I believe. https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-open-aws-us-east-ohio-region/

• HackedServer said: AWS just went live in Columbus too I believe

Yea, public 2 days ago and beta around a week. Though not much usage it seems.

• Just check your previous threads over man.

• jamespeachjamespeach Member
    edited October 2016

@William said:

HackedServer said: AWS just went live in Columbus too I believe

Yea, public 2 days ago and beta around a week. Though not much usage it seems.

I am looking at that now, but the price seems very expensive, especially bandwidth, which I would plan on using a decent amount of.

@bersy said:
    Just check your previous threads over man.

I have gone through the threads, that is the reason for this post, as there are no threads covering this.

• Any other companies that anyone knows of? So far I have three, while I'm sure there aren't many, I know theres more then 3.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited October 2016

@jamespeach said:
    Any other companies that anyone knows of? So far I have three, while I'm sure there aren't many, I know theres more then 3.

There's many more cloud & VPS companies, but at a price point above $10 a month. It's just not a well developed lower end market - most is VMware based HIPPA compliant enterprise hosting.