Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any providers using Stripe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any providers using Stripe?

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in General

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any providers are using Stripe to process payments and could share experiences? It seems the only support for WHMCS is unofficial and community supported.

Any experiences, good or bad, would be nice to hear :)

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

Serverpings Stripe module works fine and is free.

StripeXS by James Stewart also works but has the option to enable test mode to specific accounts and keep it in live mode at the same time and disable tokenisation (Need to be PCI compliant to store CC details on server etc.) but also has token support as well but costs around $5-6 CAD/mo.

Note: James Stewarts is a staff at WHMCS as well

• I agree with @Patrick; the ServerPing module works perfectly fine for Stripe, and with the added template files, it easily allows you to use Stripe.JS without the need to store clients' CC details in WHMCS.

• yep and i love it. We use serverping!

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@24khost said: yep and i love it. We use serverping!

Good stuff, I'll look in to ServerPing then :). Roughly what percentages of orders would you say go through Stripe @24khost?

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2013

I am not sure if I saw Stripe at IPXCore???

• 15-20% right now. getting more and more prevelant. Nobody knows it is through stripe. that is the cool part.

• the fact that it is fee based like paypal makes it worth it to have it.

@24khost said: Nobody knows it is through stripe.

What does it come under through your payment gateways? Credit Card? Just wondering whether or not anything would need altering after installing ServerPing :)

• You can set the name as whatever you like. So we just called it credit card.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hahahahahaha

• edited April 2013

I'm not using Stripe, but using Balanced instead, which is similar (same investors I believe too), just slightly behind the tech scale. By that I mean Balanced doesn't allow (yet) scheduling payments (i.e.: PayPal's subscriptions), but they're implementing it now.

I looked at Stripe before, and they aren't horrible. The idea is nice, being PCI compliant without it resting on your shoulders. However, when I checked them out late last year or year prior, their support was kind of lackluster to me.

There's few in the market place area that excel at what they do, but Stripe is a top contender. If Dowalla wasn't so tricky to really get into, they'd be even better as they don't charge the fees like others (Stripe, Balanced Payments, WePay, etc...) do.

Edit I typo'ed.

• @secforus_ehansen said: However, when I checked them out late last year or year prior, their support was kind of lackluster to me.

Seems fast and smooth to me now (UK)

• @Patrick said: Seems fast and smooth to me now (UK)

I could've also just picked them at the wrong time, who knows. But, I like where I'm at now. To me its like CVPS (Stripe) vs. CH (Balanced Payments). Same product/service, but a different atmosphere around it.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2013

Stripe use here ( its amazingly simple and awesome, we have integrated it for some customers projects as well.

Though we did send in a development related question about 3 months ago and have yet to hear back

• Would like to use it. Not available here yet.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

We support Stripe. 3% of our clients pay monthly with it.

We paid for and used to use the 'zStripe' module, but apparently the programmer/maintainer was gunned down in the street by the Russian mafia. So that was a waste of money.

@Patrick said: Serverpings Stripe module works fine and is free.

This is what we use too. It works so much better than the zStripe module that we paid for the "year of support" but don't actually need it; it's that good and wanted to give Joe some $$$.

@Damian said: it's that good

Nice to hear so many good things about it :), cheers!

• We're now using it after removing Paypal Pro

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I didn't really want to bump this, but as far as I can see, Stripe isn't available in the UK is it? I wanted to use it but I can't seem to be able to add my "business details", it only allows US and Canada, am I missing something?

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2013

@Infinity said: am I missing something?

It is a US/CA only right now.

• jhjh Member

@infinity AFAIK there is a UK beta if you contact them

@Infinity, as @jhadley has said there is a UK Beta. I signed up for it a few months ago and they sent my invite on the day I created this thread, hence asking whether or not it's worth using.

Apparently if wanting to use more than one currency though, then you need to create more than one account, as it's one account per currency... Other than that, it seems it's available in the UK. Might be worth dropping them an email or seeing if they still have more reservations open for Beta if it's something you're interested in :).

• We signed up for the stripe beta a week ago and were accepted on the same day. It has been a very pleasurable experience thus far.