Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seflow. Ordered->Not worked->Requested a refund>Denied
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seflow. Ordered->Not worked->Requested a refund>Denied

Hey,

I got a free trial for website protect and worked very well. After a while not worked anymore cant connect to my sql database and etc. Also the uptime monitor alert me many false report. Sadly automatic paypal payment was on for seflow somehow and i paid one more month. Its not a big amount just 1,5eur. Opened a ticket after payment to request a refund and Seflow denied it.

The support said there is no refunds in their terms.

Its maybe my mistake, maybe not. What do you think?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well now you're just going to get interpol'd.

Francisco

• It can go both ways tbh I wouldn't bother much about 1,5eur but they could of handled it a bit better by simply giving you the refund because of the common error of forgetting to cancel the reoccurring payment. Did they look into why you couldn't connect to your my sql?

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited October 2016

@BillyE said:
    It can go both ways tbh I wouldn't bother much about 1,5eur but they could of handled it a bit better by simply giving you the refund because of the common error of forgetting to cancel the reoccurring payment. Did they look into why you couldn't connect to your my sql?

Yes. They said something problem with my end. But a strange thing is i add the database and the system test the connection and the connection was successful and i can see the database tables and etc, thats why not understand. But i always got 'error' and not worked.

• So you order a vps paid it and then you realized it's not work for your needs so you cancel your order?

• @robohost said:
    So you order a vps paid it and then you realized it's not work for your needs so you cancel your order?

Its not a vps. http://seflow.net/2/index.php/en/services/dropmysite-en-2

I could handle any vps, thats not a problem.

• @ZweiTiger said:

@robohost said:
    So you order a vps paid it and then you realized it's not work for your needs so you cancel your order?

Ok let's change the phrase from vps to website protect, is the malfunction happened only after you pay?

• @robohost said:

@ZweiTiger said:

@robohost said:

Ok let's change the phrase from vps to website protect, is the malfunction happened only after you pay?

before too so i opened a support ticket to solve the problem. My problem not solved and next day the automatic paypal was on and sadly its paid the invoice. After that i requested a refund and etc....

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2016

may i suggest you call them? << if its low cost , maybe a workaround is credit.

I am sure its not just about 1.5, its the reply you got isn't it?

• @ehab said:
    may i suggest you call them? maybe a workaround is credit. << if its low cost

I am sure its not just about 1.5, its the reply you got isn't it?

I not will use the credit as the service always got a problem. Flexcloud has many problem, now this so i just want to close the account, and forgot this thing.

• You should have cancelled the payment, end of.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

One fiddy is not worth your or their time, see it as a poor investment. 500Euro on the other hand, thats worth fighting for, right?

• WHTWHT Member

Ugh! Thats your mistake then. Cancel the payment next time.
    And blaming provider for $1.5 :)

edited October 2016

@WHT said:
    Ugh! Thats your mistake then. Cancel the payment next time.
    And blaming provider for $1.5 :)

I not blaming a provider, just asked the community. Its not about the money, but if something not working i try to get my money back :)

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2016

Dear @ZweiTiger i checked your issue and you never allowed mysql to remotely connect to the ip we advertise during mysql backup setup or blocked 3306 port with the firewall. I want remember you that is an offsite backup, for files you can connect trought ssh,sftp, ftp, rsync, but to dump the database you need to allow remote connection from ip we give you.

All files are saved into Amazon AWS service to give customers ability to save their files outside SeFlow network and restore them in case of disaster.

Your error was "Connection to mysql refused".

If you need support please contact me to matteob[at]seflow.net

For the refund, you used 15 days free trial then never canceled the service. If you cancel the service and forgot to cancel subscription we can refund you, but we can't refund any payment without proper cancellation procedure (press cancel button in your customer area).

King Regards

• @matteob from your website:

We currently support MySQL(with / without SSH over tunnel)

So blocking 3306 might not be the end of the world, although i have no idea about the particulars of this specific case.

• @teamacc said:

here the procedure for mysql: https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/knowledgebase/article/37/how-do-i-backup-a-database/

here some common issue with mysql backup:
    https://manage.seflow.it/index.php?/knowledgebase/article/71/i-can-not-connect-to-my-database-or-i-get-an-error-when-i-try-to-backup-my-database/

When you do a backup you can save db dump just saving the files (bad idea), or allow remove access to our specific ip to do a dump that you can restore or download in various format

edited October 2016

@matteob said:
    Dear @ZweiTiger i checked your issue and you never allowed mysql to remotely connect to the ip we advertise during mysql backup setup or blocked 3306 port with the firewall. I want remember you that is an offsite backup, for files you can connect trought ssh,sftp, ftp, rsync, but to dump the database you need to allow remote connection from ip we give you.

All files are saved into Amazon AWS service to give customers ability to save their files outside SeFlow network and restore them in case of disaster.

Your error was "Connection to mysql refused".

If you need support please contact me to matteob[at]seflow.net

For the refund, you used 15 days free trial then never canceled the service. If you cancel the service and forgot to cancel subscription we can refund you, but we can't refund any payment without proper cancellation procedure (press cancel button in your customer area).

King Regards

Strange. The system said the connection was ok and i could see my tables, but when the backup started 'error'. Why i could see the tables, when you say 'never allowed mysql to remote connection'. Strange.

Anyway after the automatic payment i cancelled the service and the paypal payment, and requested the refund.

Well i will not get my money back, thats sure. Next time i will check the things twice.

--
    Just to remember last time when i tried your Flexcloud service i opened many support ticket about downtime and you said my mistake. Then later you confirmed the node is in shit. Seems always the customer fault every problem.

But anyway thanks for your response i close the thread, there is no point to speak more about this

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2016

ehab said: may i suggest you call them?

Calling Italians is pointless by a mix of language (eh...) and management style (eh......), especially in any larger company there.

Mainly... cultural i guess, just ask an Italian... and the further down you go the worse it gets (so Milan is not as bad). I vividly remember dealing with Telecom Italian (back then state owned still i think), CDLAN (-> Prometeus, which was fine to deal with, 9/10), SeFlow (7/10 and partly... weird english) and a bunch of Roman providers (never again...)...

matteob said: For the refund, you used 15 days free trial then never canceled the service. If you cancel the service and forgot to cancel subscription we can refund you

*have to refund you

Welcome to EU, Italy is not outside of it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

All this over 1.50? What has the world came to.

• dimitrispdimitrisp Member
    edited October 2016
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Do Seflow kick you if you talk bad about them?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • i dont like seflow anymore.

• LeeLee Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

It cost me 1.50 to reply and tell you it's come not came. Those words are very dangerous.

Thanked by 1switsys