Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know what's happened to BHost?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know what's happened to BHost?

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited April 2013 in General

^

I've had a ticket in their accounts department which was opened 6 days ago. I also opened a tech support ticket which I closed as it didn't get responded to.

I want to carry on using my VPS from there, but not sure if they're still alive :/

Anyone know?

Comments

• Happened to me as well while I was a client

Just bump the ticket

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@camarg said: Just bump the ticket

Done that enough times, doesn't work.

• They've either been bought out by another company that doesn't care, or, their support doesn't care anymore.

Either way: they don't care about their clients anymore. Find a different host.

@Damian said: Either way: they don't care about their clients anymore. Find a different host.

I am going to, I'm putting in a cancellation request now. They're manually done though -.-

• @Jack said: who did they get bought out by?

IDK

@dominicl said: I am going to, I'm putting in a cancellation request now. They're manually done though -.-

When I put in my cancellation request, it took 5 days to be processed. GL HF

@Damian said: When I put in my cancellation request, it took 5 days to be processed. GL HF

I've put in loads in the past - haha. I've had lots of services with them, but they seem to get slower and slower as the nodes get more full :P

I'll just leave the request there - if they want to process it they can.

• b-host?

@Simple3x said: b-host?

BHost(.net)

• Probably they just decided to close up like what you've been doing with your PremiumVM brand a few times now? :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: When I put in my cancellation request, it took 5 days to be processed. GL HF

Same here, bad support. I left them the same day I bought it..

@Infinity said: Same here, bad support. I left them the same day I bought it..

Yeah they're not good.

@zhuanyi said: Probably they just decided to close up like what you've been doing with your PremiumVM brand a few times now? :)

At least I had told others..and replied to questions

• @dominicl said: At least I had told others..and replied to questions

That's true, but then again, I doubt BHost will come back again in a month time and claim they will live longer this time.

@zhuanyi said: That's true, but then again, I doubt BHost will come back again in a month time and claim they will live longer this time.

BHost might still exist, and like @Damien said, might be bought out. We may find out, we may not. I wonder if they'll process any of my tickets.

@Jack said: @dominicl whois the IP and ring the number.

It's the same as their 0800 number, only geographic instead. They don't answer it.

@Jack said: Doesn't look 0800 for me.

I know, which is why I said it's the same as their 0800 number :P It's the alternative number for international users - redirects to the same place.

• Tried all of these:

phone: 020 3370 6290
    phone: 0800 043 4678
    phone: 01011 189 685

• jhjh Member

@Jack not a forwarding address at all

@jhadley said: @Jack not a forwarding address at all

Haha, of course not. :P

• I have done some digging. It appears that the company director is a 60 year old woman???

• jhjh Member

@Connorl so the real owner isn't allowed to run a business for some reason...

I thought the owner was Nick :p

• "I've had a ticket in their accounts department which was opened 6 days ago"
    from companies house "Next Accounts Due: 30/04/2013"

Stop being so critical of them. They're rushing to get their accounts filed before the end of the month and they'll take care of your trivial support request after they get their paperwork done. :P

lol :P they should answer tech tickets too

• 6 days and not answered ? Tell them hosting is 24/7 operation not once a week :)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2013

What I find interesting about this thread is I have almost never needed to contact their support. I have had a server with them for 2+ years and maybe filed 2-3 tickets. The server has always been reliable and the network rarely has issues. Has some of the best routing to US/UK and I get 2Tb a month traffic. I hope they respond to you guys and get things worked out, because for me they have been one of my favorite and most stable providers.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @TheLinuxBug:

That's my experience too. Their support may suck, but I don't know it because their service has been so reliable in the 8 months I've been with them.

• I still think its the old lady running it.

• @Connorl:

Well, she's doing a damn fine job!

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2013

All I can say to that is if it an old lady running it, I want to meet her daughters, cause she does a damn fine job of it. Seriously, almost 3 years, in that time only maybe 3 tickets, two instances of loss of connectivity max span of 2-3hours once. Others were very short. Their bandwidth mix is awesome to East coast US and Europe. Ubersmith for billing is a bit different than the norm here, but has been a reliable pay system. I think I have 1.5Gb ram, 20gb HD and 2TB traffic for ~$6.00 USD -- as per support, as I said...haven't really needed it. Hopefully someone pings them about this thread and they resolve your issues!

Edit: as I got the plan a long time ago on special, I am not sure if they currently have my package at said price.

Cheers!