Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS - Yai or Nai?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS - Yai or Nai?

Hi Community.

Looking around I ended up in a way too cheap storage offer from HostUs, so cheap it even caused fear. How is your experience with this guys, if you have ever used them.

Would you compare them to RamNode? Even remotely near BuyVM? Or is this Nguyen quality?

Thanks

Comments

• HostUS is great.

/thread

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited October 2016

I recommend HostUS, I have used them for a few years in Atlanta and Dallas.
    Good provider.

EDIT: Where is the link to that way too cheap HostUS storage offer?

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • They are awesome.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • FrankZ said: Where is the link

Don't worry, the thread isn't finished yet. ;)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FrankZ - on a LEB post

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Having been using Hostus for 5th month now and things are rock solid. I am on their yearly $25 plan.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • I've 6+ servers with them. They're awesome! You can't go wrong with them.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @Hxxx said:
    Hi Community.

Looking around I ended up in a way too cheap storage offer from HostUs, so cheap it even caused fear. How is your experience with this guys, if you have ever used them.

Would you compare them to RamNode? Even remotely near BuyVM? Or is this Nguyen quality?

Thanks

It's still not as cheap as @Time4VPS, but then it's based on KVM.

Going by the feedback, sounds like it's a deal worth trying. So, thanks for the heads up.

• Does incoming traffic count (regarding that latest offer on LEB)?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks guys!

@FrankZ our latest storage KVM offer is available here https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostus-new-storage-kvm-line-starting-10quarter-asia-openvz-25year-8-locations/

@doughnet said:
    Does incoming traffic count (regarding that latest offer on LEB)?

We count traffic in both directions.

Alexander

Thanked by 2FrankZ FredQc
  • HostUS are good! had a few issues in the past they have resolved quickly. havent had much to do with Ramnode. Very happy with BuyVM!!!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Four20Four20 Member
    edited October 2016

Nice, I didn't know they use a custom control panel for VPS management.

• ^^ ditto. Great host.

• They good support, worth price ratio.

But i moved after they got ddos in london.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

K4Y5 said: It's still not as cheap as @Time4VPS, but then it's based on KVM.

We will fix this KVM "bug" soon :) very soon.

Thanked by 2Bochi bersy
  • I picked one up after seeing how well they dealt with their ddos attack earlier this year... Keeping people informed, and being honest about it all is where it's at... VPS works pretty good, no complaints for the price!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • par excellence

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Can't go wrong with BuyVM and RamNode. No experience with HostUS but look good.

• hostus is one of the top providers here...

Do note that...they will suspend your box if you violate their TOS..Unlike others they do provide quality service but to keep that they make sure users BEHAVE ....

Other than that

10/10

You will surely have no problems with them

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • yai.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • HostUS is pretty decent - have a number of services with them in various locations. Experienced some slight network issues in their Singapore location earlier this year, and host node abuse-related performance degradation earlier last month, but other than that the service has been solid. Support can be a little slow sometimes, though honestly for what I'm paying for everything I'm fairly happy with them.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Incuntinsredible

• @Hxxx said:
    Hi Community.

Thanks

They've been really really good to me. RamNode might be a little more stable, but the only time there were issues with HostUS at all was when they underwent that mega DDoS attack on all of their DCs in August (supposedly many hundreds of gigabytes). System uptime has been very good, and network issues have been pretty minimal.

I think that as they grow, hopefully they continue to get even better, but so long as you're not looking at their service to replace some super mission critical ultra high availability service, they're an excellent choice for the money.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • I've had a great experience with HostUS.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • We have services with them for a couple years now and it has been awesome. My favorite provider. Service quality is well above the price point and support is fast and helpful and has gone above and beyond on many occasions. My only complaint is they don't have a Canada Location(hint hint), lol. Awesome provider.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM