Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you use 2Checkout Now?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many of you use 2Checkout Now?

CoreyCorey Member
edited April 2013 in General

2Checkout just lowered the % they take making them pretty competitive and it caught my eye. I immediately signed up and added it to my checkout process for my customers. I have a few questions for providers mainly -

1. Are overseas people able to pay with this easier (I know some indian banks/cards are not accepted by paypal)
  2. Do you loose credibility by not having paypal as a 'direct' checkout option? (I still have paypal on the site but I wonder if anyone will actually pay with paypal through 2 checkout... are there any advantages of having paypal through 2 checkout? )
  3. Once you hit the $300 payout threshold are all of your funds then available immediately?
  4. Are you happy with 2checkout?
Thanked by 1geekalot

Comments

1. It depends, they should have a list someplace. I find almost 100% of orders from non-USA clients are held for review.
    2. Can't answer that one.
    3. Nope. They hold all payments for a few days, then they keep a small % of them for 90 days. It is also hard to track funds as the reporting tools aren't very good. I had to call them a few times just to find out how much they were charging me in fees (monthly service fee). They never sent an invoice or said how much that was each month. It just came out of the account balance.
    4. We got rid of it - none of our clients liked it, and none of them really used it. Most 2checkout orders were marked as fraud from maxmind or 2checkout.
    Thanked by 1geekalot
  • jhjh Member

I tried to sign up some time ago thinking it would be a good alternative and they requested a bunch of paperwork. Decided I wouldn't bother.

• JacobJacob Member

All my orders pass through fine, max like 1 or 2 failed trans per month.

Our fees still make me feel sick, but atleast I know my money is going to be there when I wake up unlike PayPal where you have to jump through hoops.

I'm going to start looking into Merchant accounts to accept Debit/Credit cards.

Cdgcommerce (something like that) looked appealing but then I found out US only.

• JacobJacob Member

@ftpit aslong as your chargeback rate is good they don't bother you. Last time I phoned our rate was outstanding, brilliant, no chargeback in nearly a year, but compared to the amount of transactions we have per month it's not a spot on it.

• @Jacob How do you maintain that without any chargebacks ? The low end market tend to have more abusers than the high end market

• JacobJacob Member

I don't take on the giff-gaff, I leave that to you guys. :P

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am using them as main payment processor for over 1 year now. The fees are big, however had absolutely no problems so far with them. I receive 1 chargeback for 3-4 months, so they are not a problem for me.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Alex_LiquidHost said: The fees are big,

Didn't they just lower the fees to the same as paypal?

• @Corey said: Didn't they just lower the fees to the same as paypal?

AFAIK only for USA sellers.

• I use 2checkout, no problems. I have a couple of clients I provide with DDoS protection so they pay ~100-200x more than most others, and every month without fail I have an ip from 2checkout browsing around my site. :( They don't trust me.

5.5% plus 45 cents per transaction.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Hello,

My application is in the process of being reviewed, and it will take a bit longer than usual due to the site not being "live" yet. I'm presuming they will contact me asking for provisional links, etc and probably documents as well.

I'm happy to provide that to them though, as they've been very helpful to me when speaking to them on the phone, etc. I was also looking at G2S that @Patrick uses, however the thing that put me off is that you have to have a ridiculous amount available in your balance in order to withdraw to your bank account (something like £400-500).

I don't know of any others apart from 2CO/G2S myself.

Regards,
    Dominic

• Paymill and Stripe come to mind. I enquired about UK stripe beta and was accepted into it same day.

@ShardHost said: UK stripe beta

Ooh, that sounds interesting!

@ShardHost said: Paymill

looked at that myself, but haven't signed up. not sure about using it yet.

• @superpilesos said: every month without fail I have an ip from 2checkout browsing around my site. :( They don't trust me.

Hey, we have every month IPs from paypal browsing our site. Seems automated though, no human can open all pages on the website in just a few seconds.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Alex_LiquidHost said: 5.5% plus 45 cents per transaction.

Mine is Transaction Rate: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction

Have you checked your transaction rate recently? Maybe you can ask for a lower transaction rate now that they just lowered it?

• CoreyCorey Member

@Jacob said: I don't take on the giff-gaff, I leave that to you guys. :P

Sounds like I need to be in touch with you :)

@Corey said: Have you checked your transaction rate recently? Maybe you can ask for a lower transaction rate now that they just lowered it?

I am international seller, you are US located.

Considering the amount that goes through them each month, I was hoping they will lower it a little bit down, but meh..

• CoreyCorey Member

@Alex_LiquidHost said: I am international seller, you are US located.

Considering the amount that goes through them each month, I was hoping they will lower it a little bit down, but meh..

Oh I noticed you had VPS in Seattle, LA and NC that's why I mentioned it.

@Corey said: Oh I noticed you had VPS in Seattle, LA and NC that's why I mentioned it.

Yeah, all of the services I am selling through them are US based, on the other side - I'm in Bulgaria (EU)

• JacobJacob Member

@Alex_LiquidHost You need $10K payments each month for three months for them to even consider lowering your fees.

I don't believe there's a minimum that you need to withdraw or is there?

Fair enough. I don't know of any alternatives to 2co apart from g2s but I should start my own thread for that!

• CoreyCorey Member

@dominicl said: I don't believe there's a minimum that you need to withdraw or is there?

I think if you get their card you can use their funds whenever.

• @Jacob said: @Alex_LiquidHost You need $10K payments each month for three months for them to even consider lowering your fees.

Have you had experience with this? It might make it worth our while if they can reduce their international fees.

• Is 2co reliable?
    I am currently using PayPal as payment processor and it seem problematic somehow

• 2CheckOut 1%+ chargeback rate and you are stopped forever. Not even a warning just shut down your business ... Try them and you will cry :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The 2CO is designed for US business only as they change extra for international transactions, example: order in GBP is converted using unknown exchange rate to US charged their fees and back to GBP to send the money to UK bank, twice is used unknown exchanged rate!! and after all transactions it's more than 10% and what ever cents.

2CO for international sellers is sucks!!! The fraud system don't work, as it will pass the IP mismatch, example: I had one order from US physical address but Egypt IP address, the fraud system pass as OK, I refunded the order straight away and two weeks later they sent me a fraud order notification email for the same order - very stupid.

• we use stripe,gc, pp instead of having monthly fees.