Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net IP pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net IP pricing

Hey,

I recently asked Online.net about their fixed IP pricing (where you just pay a one time setup fee) and got a reply today: http://prntscr.com/cvj1mp
It's overpriced in my opinion (compared to OVH's $3/IP), but I thought I'd share it since I saw a few people asking about it.

Comments

• @ascendrix online.net generally have some weird things in its offer, for example you cannot move your server even between your own accounts or account related by you (like in my situation - from private account to business account on my own business account).

• @ascendrix said:
    Hey,

I recently asked Online.net about their fixed IP pricing (where you just pay a one time setup fee) and got a reply today: http://prntscr.com/cvj1mp
    It's overpriced in my opinion (compared to OVH's $3/IP), but I thought I'd share it since I saw a few people asking about it.

They never got back to us although we manage 50+ servers with them. First time support let me brown. Anyways, looking at tis pricing ovh gives more bang for your buck including better Ddos protection.

• Thanks for sharing!

• Is that a special offer? I thought they always have a recurring fee of €1.99 /month/address on their additional IPv4 addresses.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

if you need the IP's for > 4 months then its worth it.

• @Saragoldfarb: It took them two weeks or so to answer my e-mail as well.
    @elgs: No, it's a regular offer if you need a larger IP block.
    @pbgben: It may be worth it, but OVH is still significantly cheaper, so why go with Online in the first place?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

OVH has a history of changing their 'one off' IP pricking to monthly at least two times if I recall correctly.

3USD they charge you is significantly below the cost of buying IP space on the open market, so I'd expect them to charge monthly rather sooner than later.

Online's offer is fair, considering this is still relatively smalll subnet, if they want to contractually guarantee you they will not charge you for using this IPs in the future, assuming you continue being their Customer.

Bottom line is that IPv4 is exhausted in RIPE region, and in almost all regions of the world, there's no more, you should be prepared to pay for the resource, especially if you want to use more than the average Customer does.

On the other hand it's a pity they don't offer to EE t it to you for a monthly fee, which would be more 'affordable', but then again I suppose this is not their target and they are as accommodating as they can with the direction they have taken and the target they are pursuing.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy