Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

colorhost.de
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

colorhost.de

Hello, is there someone using Colorhost's.de KVM VPS? I am experiencing slow performance with JIRA on their vps.

Comments

• What did their support say when you asked them?

• @seriesn said:
    What did their support say when you asked them?

Why ask the support when you can ask here :)

• @seriesn said:

Support is not working on the weekends lol

• Well that is some shit support if technical support is out on a weekend.> @avxkim said:

@seriesn said:

Support is not working on the weekends lol

• trvztrvz Member
    edited October 2016

Colorhost's support does work on the weekend, but I wouldn't care about answering questions like this either.

The problem is JIRA itself, and perhaps you running it on a server with not enough resources.

• hzrhzr Member

It's JIRA, have you ensured you have at least 30GB of free RAM per logged in user and NVMe SSDs?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2016

avxkim said: Support is not working on the weekends lol

" Technical Support: 24/7 via e-mail "
    http://colorhost.de/en/contact/

Did you even bother to send them a support ticket? Although, slow performance of Jira is not something an unmanaged hosting provider will give support for, and due to being extremely hungry software for a vps, maybe you wouldn't run in in such environment.
    You should need at least a 4GB ram vps with fast HDD array or, better, ssd, access to at least 2 cores in a reasonably newer cpu and a non-oversold vps to have a decent performance. Does your vps offer that? If not, don't even ask support, find something bigger.

P.S. And don't bash providers with false claims, such this:

avxkim said: Support is not working on the weekends lol

• @jvnadr, i have the maxed VPS with them - 8GB ram, 8 cores. Bottleneck is HDD i guess.

• avxkim said: i have the maxed VPS with them - 8GB ram, 8 cores. Bottleneck is HDD i guess.

It should work. How many clients does Jira handles?
    Do some benchmark and stress-testing to your vps to see the actuall container performance, before you open a ticket to the hosting company. Bad Jira performance probably is not occure because of slow vps. If you are sure after the benchmarks that your vps is not performing according to its specs, then, open a ticket and ask them to fix it, showing the benchmark results, not telling them about poor performance of a single application.

• JIRA is alow, regardless where you host it :(

• meerfarbigmeerfarbig Member
    edited October 2016

Our Support works of course over the weekend if there's any production issue (a slow working JIRA is maybe not an emgergency). Altough our non-ssd servers are working with large Raid Arrays which don't see any poor-performance problems on i/o.

• Sorry, they're actually work on weekends. Also their support even offered 16GB vps for me! Next year they will launch SSD plans. So i am happy with them now.