Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google VPS - New locations available soon
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google VPS - New locations available soon

Did you guys notice that Google's offering soon VPS servers in multiple new locations. Micro VPS seems to start from $4.60 / mo.

I haven't used Google VPS Servers, but those are quite interesting for sure. Afaik, Google got bit better pricing that AWS or Azure. But haven't really checked into that in last few years.

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

They will deadpool many providers if they start to offer hosting/vps/dedicated.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2016

Cool story bro.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1GCat
  • roychanroychan Member
    edited October 2016

Google compute engine is awesome. Have been using for half a year without any issue. But I'm always worried about the support because I did not buy any support level.

I've heard some people's accounts got suspended by Google. Not quite sure what they did on the servers. But if you don't buy the support, it is possibly hard for you to have a contact with them.

• @WebDude said:
    Did you guys notice that Google's offering soon VPS servers in multiple new locations. Micro VPS seems to start from $4.60 / mo.

But this same micro instances are offered for quite long time IMHO, they if added with bandwidth charges cannot categorized in Low end category.

• You should probably add in bandwidth costs as that will influence the pricing a lot

• Interesting...

• You should probably add in bandwidth costs as that will influence the pricing a lot

Sure it will. But isn't it common that people complain about slow networking on VPS servers. I'm pretty sure Google isn't suffering from this problem.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2016

WebDude said: But isn't it common that people complain about slow networking on VPS servers.

Nope, it really isn't. Not at Google's main competitors in this, such as Linode, DO or OVH.

I'm pretty sure Google isn't suffering from this problem.

At bandwidth prices starting from $120 per 1TB transfer even in EU/US, it sure wouldn't.

Thanked by 2MikeA mehargags
  • AWS, Azure and Google Cloud's VPS/VM offerings look cheap at the first glance, but if you include bandwidth costs it's different story. On top of that you usually have to pay extra to even have access to the technical support.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

AWS and similar cloud platforms are really an entirely different market. You pay the big $$$$ to be able to forget about things like bandwidth speed etc. Theres massive excesses available at any time, and all of a pretty good quality.

• i cant find those $4.60 VPS...

• @dedicados said:
    i cant find those $4.60 VPS...

There you go: https://cloud.google.com/compute/pricing
    The one he refered to was probably the "f1-micro".

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • thanks bro.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited October 2016

O M G. Did I saw Taiwan on the map?

EDIT: I think the most expensive thing is bandwidth?

• sinsin Member

lifehome said: EDIT: I think the most expensive thing is bandwidth?

Yeah the bandwidth on Google Compute, Amazon, etc is the expensive part.