Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metronet (UK) acquires M247 for £47.5m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Metronet (UK) acquires M247 for £47.5m

ktkt Member, Host Rep
edited October 2016 in Providers

Metronet (UK), the UK’s fastest growing network services provider, backed by mid-market private equity firm Livingbridge, today announces its acquisition of M247, a leading internet infrastructure and hosting company, for £47.5m.

Following the acquisition of M247, Metronet (UK) will be able to offer a combined portfolio of connectivity and content services including wireless network services, datacentres and managed hosting solutions across the UK and Europe. The combined business will have three datacentres, over 200 staff and EBITDA in excess of £12m.

http://www.metronet-uk.com/metronet-uk-acquires-m247-to-create-national-telecommunications-platform/

Comments

• Nice. I wonder what this means for M247 now.. they may continue operating as separate entities.

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited October 2016

I used Metronet in a previous incarnation as my ISP before they were swallowed up by Plusnet.

They were excellent. Unfortunately Plusnet weren't so I moved.

Good luck to them.

Edit - My mistake, I thought they had common director(s) - they don't