Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• @theqkash said:

Wicked said: Received it yet?

Nope, but I've got information from support that today it will be done.

Nice. OVH extended my server for 5 days for free on the 13th, and today they gave me another 2 days for free. Nice to see their support has improved.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2016

So, anyone got their Poland servers yet? I ordered 14th day myself, and the estimated wait time is 30th October according to my email.

My current server will soon expire, so i'm fearing I'll have to renew that again for nothing to avoid downtime.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:
    So, anyone got their Poland servers yet? I ordered 14th day myself, and the estimated wait time is 30th October according to my email.

My current server will soon expire, so i'm fearing I'll have to renew that again for nothing to avoid downtime.

Should probably ask them in a ticket for an extension on time and give them your order number for PL server so they know you're waiting.

• @chx said:
    The Polish offer is quite good. It's the first time I see anything similar to my Hetzner box (which was 41.18 EUR) but I got lucky. On OVH I only see a 49.99 EUR price, not a 39.99 EUR one and even on Hetzner auction a E3-1271V3 32GB 2 x 480 GB DC SSD ECC iNIC is 47.90 and the OVH machine has a newer CPU and I bet newer SSDs too.

With similar offer in Germany DC they could easily beat hetzner offers. I think it is their goal. Hope Hetzner will drop their setup fees.

• hetzner has an support which just need some minutes to answer or to replace an hdd...

ovh support is comparable with summerhosts.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited October 2016

I have never had to contact OVH or online.net support yet, knock on wood. SSD drives. 3rd year without any problem.

• @theqkash said:

Wicked said: Received it yet?

Nope, but I've got information from support that today it will be done.

rip.

edited October 2016

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

Should probably ask them in a ticket for an extension on time and give them your order number for PL server so they know you're waiting.

Just asked.. Reply: "Not a chance." They told me that theres no free lunches.. Fair enough I guess. The guy was angry as fuck that I even dared to ask lol

Just renewed the old server for a month.. RIP.

• @stefeman said:

Just to add
    Hetzner Prorates you now for the no. of days you want

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited October 2016

@stefeman @Wicked

They were sending emails today with date of server start (at least when you've ordered in ovh.pl):

Wychodząc więc naprzeciw Państwa oczekiwaniom podjęliśmy decyzję, aby rozpocząć stopniowo dostarczanie serwerów z dniem dzisiejszym 20.10.2016. Państwa zamówienie zostanie zrealizowane w dniu 21.10.2016.

Licząc na Państwa cenne uwagi, postanowiliśmy, że pierwszy miesiąc dzierżawy serwera będzie darmowy. Opłacony przez Państwa abonament zostanie wykorzystany na kolejny okres dzierżawy.

Bold things:

1. They've started to running machines today

2. My machine will start tomorrow

3. First month of using this server will be free of charge :-) That what we've paid will be used to pay for next month of rental.

Some people has received their servers today.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @stefeman said:

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

Just asked.. Reply: "Not a chance." They told me that theres no free lunches.. Fair enough I guess. The guy was angry as fuck that I even dared to ask lol

Lol that sucks. They gave me another 7 days extended today. So they have extended my server for over 2 weeks after those 7 days.

• Anyone got their servers yet? Theyre supposed to be delivering them right now.

Thanked by 1henkynl
    edited October 2016

stefeman said: Anyone got their servers yet? Theyre supposed to be delivering them right now.

Yes, I've got mine since yesterday. No extra IP's, no Anti-DDoS right now, however network is good.

edited October 2016

@theqkash said:

stefeman said: Anyone got their servers yet? Theyre supposed to be delivering them right now.

Yes, I've got mine since yesterday. No extra IP's, no Anti-DDoS right now, however network is good.

No Anti-DDoS? what? lol. Damn

What kind of speeds do you get? Which day did you order? 12th? 14th? I'm trying to figure out the place my order is in aproximetly.

Any disk bench? Are the disks brand new or recycled/used?

• I didnt got mine yet.

• @fLoo said:
    I didnt got mine yet.

Me too. I have ordered in 10.11

edited October 2016

So the install order is completely random and not depending on who ordered first.. Awesome lol.. Typical OVH stuff :D

• @theqkash said:

You got an IP for traceroute ?

edited October 2016

@fLoo said:

@theqkash said:

You got an IP for traceroute ?

No way he would do that. Theres no anti-ddos, people would DDoS it out of orbit just to see how the network holds.

• No DDoS protection and all this wait? My god. They should've just had everything ready before they started pre-orders.

edited October 2016

Guys.

http://pastebin.com/TpQ4R3fA

Selecting best server based on latency... Hosted by Techgroup Jakub Osuch (Warsaw) [2.05 km]: 2.57 ms Testing download speed........................................ Download: 880.53 Mbit/s Testing upload speed.................................................. Upload: 497.63 Mbit/s

There is no cap at speeds for d/u for now.

• They have just updated their weather map with the full network setup there so you should be able to get a good idea of what is local and what would have to go back to FRA or AMS POP.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • They have 3 DCs in France and are building 6!! more in EU? They are not even that desperate to fill them, judging by the "introductory price".

And then not only one in SG, but an extra DC that's exclusively for Sydneysiders, Brisbanians, Melburnians, Tasmanians, Adelaidians and kiwis..

There must be overwhelming demand...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@4n0nx said:
    There must be overwhelming demand...

Or they got $500M not too long ago in VC funding....

Francisco

• 4n0nx said: There must be overwhelming demand...

Probably need that many DCs if they're going to grow their VAC DDOS mitigation capacity to 5Tbps !

• OVH seems to reduce their introductory offer price from $124.60 to $99 in Singapore and Australia location.

https://ovh.com/us/discover/singapore.xml

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2016

htun said: OVH seems to reduce their introductory offer price from $124.60 to $99 in Singapore and Australia location.

https://ovh.com/us/discover/singapore.xml

Didn't track the US website, but on the IE one currently it's just the same 89 EUR as it was before: https://www.ovh.ie/discover/singapore.xml

edited October 2016

Still waiting for my dedi in poland.. any news about failover ips?

• @stefeman said:

No, is not available yet. I got mine one. :D

• @mtsbatalha said:

@stefeman said:

No, is not available yet. I got mine one. :D

When did you order?