Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• The singapore location looks intriguing

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@PetaByet said:
    I wonder why they run the presale and not release any test IPs, hope they do have peering with Telstra / Optus in AU.

Vocus will do if they don't have direct transit to start.

• ovh.com.au redirects to a OVH hosted 403 page (in french), not sure how long its been that way?
    Interesting their office is in Melbourne, but servers are in Sydney.

• Also, to note, the job adverts in Melbourne have "A good command of the Mandarin language is a plus." so maybe they are using Australia to start their push into other Asia markets? Along with Singapore, of course

• @rm_ said:
    Yes, OVH.ie has all countries now, but some time ago it was OVH.fr that was the only option for "Other" countries. I vaguely remember that OVH.ie was accepting only Ireland/UK/US/Canada back then.

Honestly I don't care if it's in French, as long as I can order new deals on the day they come out, and on the most attractive terms (i.e. no VAT). It's not a secret that all the regional sites may lag behind OVH.fr in introducing new lineups or discounts.

Support (or lack thereof) can talk to you in English anyway, no matter which site you order from.

The only problem with ordering with my real address is I get charged HST

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • bohdans said: Also, to note, the job adverts in Melbourne have "A good command of the Mandarin language is a plus." so maybe they are using Australia to start their push into other Asia markets? Along with Singapore, of course

that makes sense, Australia has a large population of Chinese folks so drawing on that for their Melbourne office would serve Singapore too

• Sydney location is interesting, even though the price is vastly more expensive than their other OVH locations - it is much cheaper than the current market! Will definitely be trying it out!

• @DETio said:
    Sydney location is interesting, even though the price is vastly more expensive than their other OVH locations - it is much cheaper than the current market! Will definitely be trying it out!

This.

Have ordered 2. Saving $100 each on my existing provider and has much better specs!

• DETioDETio Member
    edited October 2016

@bohdans said:
    ovh.com.au redirects to a OVH hosted 403 page (in french), not sure how long its been that way?
    Interesting their office is in Melbourne, but servers are in Sydney.

Interesting note: I was offered that domain previously (ovh.com.au) by fabulous.com for $3,000 which I declined because I never thought OVH would come to Australia.

Ouch

• For those interested, confirmed with OVH that the discount is for the life of the server, not the life of the payment period

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • I pre ordered the SG one I run a bench once I get it.

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited October 2016

@Spazzly said:
    Is there a way to order with out VAT?

I'm outside of the EU. Out of interest how much is Polish VAT? What kind of discount would I be looking at if VAT didn't apply.

NM: The 39.99EU is already EX VAT.

• I take back what i said about the discount. They have changed their mind in another email...

Hello,

Please note that the pre-order for the Sydney data-center servers are only available for 1 month contracts and hence the promotion is only for the first month. Also, since this promotion was only available for the first 750 customers, I cannot confirm if this is still available.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Cordially,

Dhavy A.
    Business Development Representative

• Previous ticket from OVH -

Hello,

I apologise for the delay in the response to your query.

"Pre-order* and take advantage of a 40% discount for an unlimited time." The discount is an ongoing this account, however the Introductory offer, restricted to the first 750 participants. Estimated delivery date: 30th of October, 2016.

For any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us through a support ticket or through by phone at + 353 (0) 1 293 78 44. We’re here to help you!

Kind Regards,
    OVH IE Support

• They did say: > restricted to the first 750 participants

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited October 2016

@Harambe said:

@raindog308 said:

Harambe said: Dat bandwidth pricing in Asia. 3TB or pay extra for 100Mbps unmetered.

Brace yourself, offers are...meh, that meme is played out.

Poland will be the new hotness in the VPS market.

For all the scammers. I anticipate a lot of brute force scans from there in the near future.

• @racksx said:
    They did say: > restricted to the first 750 participants

Correct. That is not the issue

The issue is if the discount is recurring or not, the offer specified "unlimited time" however it is actually limited to a month discount

• interesting with singapore huhuhu.

• @HostinganID said:
    interesting with singapore huhuhu.

you should buy asap, it's limited offers ;)

Thanked by 1HostinganID
  • any promo code on Singapore one?
    Thanks

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@tamicrealo said:
    any promo code on Singapore one?
    Thanks

40% isn't enough?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2016

@MikeA said:

@tamicrealo said:
    Thanks

40% isn't enough?

• Now it's 49.99, in Poland.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Geekoine said:
    Now it's 49.99, in Poland.

It always was with SSD, they just changed the order.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • tamicrealotamicrealo Member
    edited October 2016

@MikeA said:

@tamicrealo said:
    Thanks

40% isn't enough?

Is $124.60/month already a 40% off price?

cos its showing $124.60/month price at my side, LETalkers are saying 40+ euro?

please let me know, thanks

EDITED:

Just checked again on their sites and confirmed $125 is the discounted price, which is already super good.

thanks guys

• What is the bandwidth of the server in Poland? There is 0 information about this?

• jamzedjamzed Member
    edited October 2016

@ManofServer said:
    What is the bandwidth of the server in Poland? There is 0 information about this?

There is information about it, guaranted 250Mbit/s.

https://www.ovh.pl/discover/poland.xml

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @ManofServer said:
    What is the bandwidth of the server in Poland? There is 0 information about this?

https://www.ovh.ie/discover/poland.xml - 250 Mbps guaranteed bandwidth - Unlimited traffic

That's all the bandwidth info available.

• Ahh I see it was way below the tables, thanks!

• http://waw.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?&;

btw. In Poland this discounts are recurring - confirmed by support team.