Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• The API isn't letting me delete the IP.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Spazzly said:

@pbgben said:
    Nope, The API Comes back with "Quota Reached" For singular and 16's

It did require me to choose US from the list though, I have a ticket opened since yeasterday to have them fix it or generate an invoice manually for me.

Have the same issue. Boss man says support is checking it out

Hopefully this will be Aussie support, then I'm only $300 away from flying out there with jandle in had to slap some faces into gear.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @pbgben said:

@ConnorM said:
    We got opposite issues :P

Im trying to delete it as it wont delete and you're trying to get one

I would love to have just the one extra, at least I could then offer NAT while I wait for the rest :P

Out of curiosity, did you order the unlimited bandwidth option considering your are a provider? Or do you just monitor your usage to stay under the 3tb?

• @Spazzly said:

@pbgben said:

@ConnorM said:

I would love to have just the one extra, at least I could then offer NAT while I wait for the rest :P

Out of curiosity, did you order the unlimited bandwidth option considering your are a provider? Or do you just monitor your usage to stay under the 3tb?

I'm not a provider, Plus I got the 3Tb, which is practically unlimited as it limits down to 10 Mbps

• @ConnorM said:

@Spazzly said:

@pbgben said:

@ConnorM said:

I'm not a provider, Plus I got the 3Tb, which is practically unlimited as it limits down to 10 Mbps

Was quoting pbgben

• @Spazzly said:

@ConnorM said:

@Spazzly said:

@pbgben said:

@ConnorM said:

Was quoting pbgben

xD, I'm use to Whirlpoool. SO IDK how this works I saw my name

@Spazzly said:

@pbgben said:

@ConnorM said:

Unfortunately I would not have been able to provide LEB pricing on the unlimited package. I will still consider it if needed, its only an upgrade away.

Also, the unlimited will drop in price next year when OVH get access to a 100Gbits line from Hawaiki cable linking au-nz to Hawaii-USA

• Also, the unlimited will drop in price next year when OVH get access to a 100Gbits line from Hawaiki cable linking au-nz to Hawaii-USA

Yeah, nice to have something else besides southern cross as the majority of AU/NZ traffic is probably to US sites like Google, YouTube, Netflix, etc. I personally believe Netflix should host their own countries website locally rather than all of them in the US to lessen load on trans-oceanic fiber optic cables but anyways that's off topic.

I did notice it seems like on the EU manager you can order additional IPs but on the CA one you can't, so they probably need to enable it on the CA/US manager

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

ethancedrik said: I personally believe Netflix should host their own countries website locally rather than all of them in the US to lessen load on trans-oceanic fiber optic cables but anyways that's off topic.

Netflix does already have content servers in AU, both on local peering exchanges and within major ISP networks as well. That was well documented when they first launched in AU as their services were quite disruptive for many ISPs here.

• I now own 139.99.137.4/30 hehe

• @ConnorM said:
    I now own 139.99.137.4/30 hehe

You are just rubbing it in now...

• ConnorMConnorM Member
    edited February 2017

;) Nah, I registered them as an Organisation. I was only testing it out with one IP.

http://imgur.com/MxyYzdq Although can't delete the other IP.

@ethancedrik said:

Also, the unlimited will drop in price next year when OVH get access to a 100Gbits line from Hawaiki cable linking au-nz to Hawaii-USA

Yeah, nice to have something else besides southern cross as the majority of AU/NZ traffic is probably to US sites like Google, YouTube, Netflix, etc. I personally believe Netflix should host their own countries website locally rather than all of them in the US to lessen load on trans-oceanic fiber optic cables but anyways that's off topic.

I did notice it seems like on the EU manager you can order additional IPs but on the CA one you can't, so they probably need to enable it on the CA/US manager

Im .ie registered ;(

Thanked by 1darklyght
  • @pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Im .ie registered ;(

I am to. It was the only one I didn't have to verify with :)

@ConnorM said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Im .ie registered ;(

I am to. It was the only one I didn't have to verify with :)

So its purely favoritism, thats not fair! Haha.

Would love to know how the system deems me to be over quota and allow you to order more ?!

• You now have 10 IPs of OVH Australia, I'm kinda jealous I hope once they deliver my server I can order and remove IPs as well as set reverse DNS and control firewall/DDoS VAC like I can in the FR and BHS datacenters

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

Additionally IE support only operates Monday-Friday, that's why I paid more in USD to be able to have mine on the CA website where they are 24/7, they have gotten WAY better about response times though

• Their geolocation has updated, they now just need to change "US" to "AU" in their manager and fix the issues with people not being able to buy or delete IPs/blocks

• ConnorMConnorM Member
    edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    Additionally IE support only operates Monday-Friday, that's why I paid more in USD to be able to have mine on the CA website where they are 24/7, they have gotten WAY better about response times though

I think you'll find you're wrong there. I can call up as a .ie customer any time and request support from people in the US. Like I did yesterday at 6:00PM

• The mailing list for the SYD datacenter is [email protected]

• @ConnorM said:

@ethancedrik said:

I think you'll find you're wrong there. I can call up as a .ie customer any time and request support from people in the US. Like I did yesterday at 6:00PM

I was told via their ticket system that tickets put in on their website are checked by IE staff Mon-Fri, I guess that's changed since then

• @ethancedrik said:

@ConnorM said:

@ethancedrik said:

I was told via their ticket system that tickets put in on their website are checked by IE staff Mon-Fri, I guess that's changed since then

Yes tickets sure, but not phone support ;).

• FYI, Sydney mailing list details

If you want you can subscribe to the public mailing list for the sydney location . (Send an email to [email protected] ) after you can discuss directly with our network and product management team with this email [email protected]. (You need to subscribe before). I'll keep you inform asap concerning IP FO

• @Spazzly said:
    FYI, Sydney mailing list details

If you want you can subscribe to the public mailing list for the sydney location . (Send an email to [email protected] ) after you can discuss directly with our network and product management team with this email [email protected]. (You need to subscribe before). I'll keep you inform asap concerning IP FO

How do you know when you are subscribed, I get the confirmation email and reply then nothing happens? Am I subscribed?

• @ConnorM said:

@Spazzly said:

How do you know when you are subscribed, I get the confirmation email and reply then nothing happens? Am I subscribed?

You should get a welcome email, usually about 5-10 mins later

@ethancedrik said:
    The mailing list for the SYD datacenter is [email protected]

Damn you, I just found out via twitter convo with lionel. Also, the CA site seems to work fine but there are a few customers that are bugged and are being fixed.

• @Spazzly said:

@ConnorM said:

@Spazzly said:

Hmm, I actually subscribed a few days ago and got the confirmation email dumb me.

Although I haven't seen any activity? Has there been?

• @ConnorM said:

@Spazzly said:

@ConnorM said:

@Spazzly said:

Hmm, I actually subscribed a few days ago and got the confirmation email dumb me.

Although I haven't seen any activity? Has there been?

If you got an email with the subject line: confirm subscribe to [email protected]

You need to respond to that email to confirm the subsciption.

I am not aware of any activity on it though.

• ConnorM said: How do you know when you are subscribed, I get the confirmation email and reply then nothing happens? Am I subscribed?

You send an empty email to that address, it sends an email back to you, you reply back to the email it sends you with an empty response and then it sends you this,

once you get the email with the subject line "WELCOME to [email protected]" you are in