Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• This is exciting, can't wait to see what becomes avalible once everyone gets access to the additional IPv4 addresses

• @Spazzly do they have the FTP backup storage option avalible? I assume not as they don't mention that feature on the discovery page, same is probably true for additional storage via USB key or external HDD, etc.

• @stefeman said:
    It goes to 1mbit/s after 3 TB unless you upgrade to 100Mbps according customer support via phone.

That's typical Telstra.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    @Spazzly do they have the FTP backup storage option avalible? I assume not as they don't mention that feature on the discovery page, same is probably true for additional storage via USB key or external HDD, etc.

The optional FTP backup space is available in Sydney.

• @MikeA said:

@ethancedrik said:
    @Spazzly do they have the FTP backup storage option avalible? I assume not as they don't mention that feature on the discovery page, same is probably true for additional storage via USB key or external HDD, etc.

Can confirm this.

Pricing
    1000 GB $16.00 USD
    5000 GB $55.00 USD
    10000 GB $80.00 USD

@Spazzly said:

@MikeA said:

@ethancedrik said:

Can confirm this.

Pricing
    1000 GB $16.00 USD
    5000 GB $55.00 USD
    10000 GB $80.00 USD

Isn't that default pricing? They come with 500GB free included, I assumed that's what he was asking about.

• @MikeA said:

@Spazzly said:

@MikeA said:

@ethancedrik said:

Can confirm this.

Pricing
    1000 GB $16.00 USD
    5000 GB $55.00 USD
    10000 GB $80.00 USD

Isn't that default pricing? They come with 500GB free included, I assumed that's what he was asking about.

No idea, you would know better than me on that one. First OVH server i have had

@Spazzly said:

@MikeA said:

@Spazzly said:

@MikeA said:

@ethancedrik said:

Can confirm this.

Pricing
    1000 GB $16.00 USD
    5000 GB $55.00 USD
    10000 GB $80.00 USD

No idea, you would know better than me on that one. First OVH server i have had

Pretty sure all will be same price since it's only internal. Though, I am surprised they spent the time/money to get the storage space setup in Sydney. Surely that took up a bit of space and time.

• Yeah but it's not enabled by default. You need to activate it in the cp. nice that your not charged extra to enable cifs or nfs like you are with soyoustart

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

It appears you can go beyond 16 IP-Addresses as the slots can be filled with either /32, /30, /29, or /28 subnets. However only 16 individual IP-Addresses are without monthly costs.

It appears if you buy another /28 when already maxed out 16 IP's, it's gonna cost you 40 USD/m extra on top of your server.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:
    It appears you can go beyond 16 IP-Addresses as the slots can be filled with either /32, /30, /29, or /28 subnets. However only 16 individual IP-Addresses are without monthly costs.

It appears if you buy another /28 when already maxed out 16 IP's, it's gonna cost you 40 USD/m extra on top of your server.

Come again now? What do you mean? I am unable to assign more IP's to the SYD host yet.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

@pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

Come again now? What do you mean? I am unable to assign more IP's to the SYD host yet.

I can go beyond 16 IP's in Warsaw at least.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

@pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

I may message https://mobile.twitter.com/legros_lionel about it, keep in mind accounts that pay in the dollar currency and use ca.ovh.com/manager don't have a nichandle so if anyone else messages him let him know that it's with OVH Canada and you use an email instead of a NIC on those accounts

edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:

@pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

I may message https://mobile.twitter.com/legros_lionel about it, keep in mind accounts that pay in the dollar currency and use ca.ovh.com/manager don't have a nichandle so if anyone else messages him let him know that it's with OVH Canada and you use an email instead of a NIC on those accounts

Err, all accounts have nic handle, it's just not shown in the panel, only invoices or orders or something.

• MikeA said: Err, all accounts have nic handle, it's just not shown in the panel, only invoices or orders or something.

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware they actually did have nichandles on the US accounts, they were just hidden in a way

edited February 2017

I just ordered one, I'll see how it goes. Seems like I'll have to wait a little while though as orders aren't instant plus I ordered the HDD one not the SSD one so we'll have to see if they have any of those set up.

edited February 2017

Now what I'm curious about is Oles/Octave Klaba said that all discovery orders would get an additional free month of service, and this was true for people who ordered servers in Warsaw, Poland.

I wonder if the same is true for people who ordered servers in AU or Singapore. I asked Lionel and will post here if he gives me an answer about that.

edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    Now what I'm curious about is Oles/Octave Klaba said that all discovery orders would get an additional free month of service, and this was true for people who ordered servers in Warsaw, Poland.

I wonder if the same is true for people who ordered servers in AU or Singapore. I asked Lionel and will post here if he gives me an answer about that.

well, e-mails were sent to people who pre-ordered so yeah, I don't see why they would lie lol. I'm sure the renewal date will be updated or the price removed for the upcoming months.

• sqamsqam said: Still haven't got mine :'( Literally jumped out of bed to check.

I wonder if they're still in the process of racking or deploying certain servers as they're being ordered

• MikeA said: well, e-mails were sent to people who pre-ordered so yeah, I don't see why they would lie lol. I'm sure the renewal date will be updated or the price removed for the upcoming months.

Yeah, I got this response

No, the first month offer was for the customer who bought a preorder (waiting we launch the production) if you had preorder a Dedicated server in Sydney on the last month, you'll received also 1 month free. Thanks

So I assume for the people that did get an email and have been waiting months for their servers they'll get an additional month of free service, but for people like me who just ordered and will probably get their server on Monday we may not get an additional month as we don't qualify for those terms.

• @ethancedrik said:

MikeA said: well, e-mails were sent to people who pre-ordered so yeah, I don't see why they would lie lol. I'm sure the renewal date will be updated or the price removed for the upcoming months.

Yeah, I got this response

No, the first month offer was for the customer who bought a preorder (waiting we launch the production) if you had preorder a Dedicated server in Sydney on the last month, you'll received also 1 month free. Thanks

So I assume for the people that did get an email and have been waiting months for their servers they'll get an additional month of free service, but for people like me who just ordered and will probably get their server on Monday we may not get an additional month as we don't qualify for those terms.

Correct. They dont specify instant provisioning, so why would they give you a free month now if you only just ordered after they started provisioning?

• @pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

http://imgur.com/QcSh8IP

• @ConnorM said:

@pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

Are the IPs you can order additionally US IPs? I assume it doesn't matter as they are still connected to an AU server

• @ethancedrik said:

@ConnorM said:

@pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

Are the IPs you can order additionally US IPs? I assume it doesn't matter as they are still connected to an AU server

1. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    2. 103.43.73.1 0.0% 10 1.0 4.7 0.9 38.1 11.8
    3. vl901-br1-cer.aus1.choopa.net 0.0% 10 0.3 0.3 0.2 0.4 0.1
    4. 180.189.25.5 0.0% 10 1.0 0.4 0.2 1.3 0.4
    5. xe-0-1-1.gw102.sy1.ap.equinix.com 0.0% 10 0.4 3.6 0.3 24.1 7.5
    6. tengigabitethernet4-1.chw45.sydney.telstra.net 0.0% 10 1.0 0.9 0.8 1.0 0.1
    7. bundle-ether7-100.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net 0.0% 10 3.4 2.6 1.4 3.4 0.6
    8. bundle-ether1.chw-edge903.sydney.telstra.net 0.0% 10 0.9 0.9 0.8 1.1 0.1
    9. bundle-ether2.ken-edge903.sydney.telstra.net 0.0% 10 0.9 1.0 0.8 1.5 0.2
      1. ovh2410229.lnk.telstra.net 0.0% 10 1.0 0.9 0.8 1.0 0.0
      2. syd-vac0-a9.syd.asia 0.0% 10 1.6 1.7 1.6 1.8 0.1
      3. vks19481.ip-103-5-14.asia 0.0% 10 1.2 1.2 1.1 1.2 0.0
      4. syd-vac2-n9-tilera.syd.asia 0.0% 10 1.2 1.3 1.1 2.4 0.4
      5. syd-vac3-n9.syd.asia 0.0% 10 1.2 1.2 1.1 1.3 0.1
      6. vks19491.ip-103-5-14.asia 10.0% 10 1.1 1.0 0.9 1.1 0.0
      7. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

Still goes back to something in Syd

edited February 2017

Nevermind they are from the OVH Australia IP block as denoted by the "OVH Australia PTY LTD", the /17 itself is from their ARIN IP space (that's why it says Canada) but it is indeed in use over in Australia

edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:

Nevermind they are from the OVH Australia IP block as denoted by the "OVH Australia PTY LTD", the /17 itself is from their ARIN IP space (that's why it says Canada) but it is indeed in use over in Australia

Let me hit up the api, perhaps my account is bugged again.

• We got opposite issues :P

Im trying to delete it as it wont delete and you're trying to get one

edited February 2017

Nope, The API Comes back with "Quota Reached" For singular and 16's

It did require me to choose US from the list though, I have a ticket opened since yeasterday to have them fix it or generate an invoice manually for me.

• @pbgben said:
    Nope, The API Comes back with "Quota Reached" For singular and 16's

It did require me to choose US from the list though, I have a ticket opened since yeasterday to have them fix it or generate an invoice manually for me.

Have the same issue. Boss man says support is checking it out

Thanked by 1pbgben

@ConnorM said:
    We got opposite issues :P

Im trying to delete it as it wont delete and you're trying to get one

I would love to have just the one extra, at least I could then offer NAT while I wait for the rest :P