Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2016

@mtsbatalha said:
    Hey guys,

Seems that OVH Poland servers is uncapped (1Gbps burstable).

Do you can confirm about this?

Thanks!

Yes, it looks like to be so.

At least for me.

edited December 2016

Is there something wrong with the performance between failover ip's and the host IP in WAW? I'm getting horrible network performance for all of my failover ip's and VM's associated with them.

Using proxmox VE 4.3

My host has speed of 800 Mbps down with speedtest-cli
    while my CT and KVM machines with failover ip's have 5 Mbps down with speedtest-cli and less than 100 KB/s with wget and apt-get. I have no modifications from default proxmox install.

I wonder if theres something fucked up in the network @ OVH?
    Would there be any ways to test/troubleshoot this better?

edited December 2016

The speed remains horrendous for CT/VM no matter what I try (settings/adapters) =/

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited December 2016

Maybe put in an incident ticket about the issue? Slow speeds with Failover IPs in Poland

• @ethancedrik said:
    Maybe put in an incident ticket about the issue? Slow speeds with Failover IPs in Poland

I opened a ticket.. But seriously though? Nobody else has speed issues with failover IP's?

edited December 2016

Tested with VMware EXSi 6.0, Proxmox 4.3, Proxmox 3.4 and all of them have same issues.

The host is happily having 800 Mbps down while the VM's are getting 5-50Mbps speeds.

Im out of ideas.. I think the Failover IP's are broken somehow.

• Are you using virtio drivers ?

• @sqamsqam said:
    Are you using virtio drivers ?

Yes, all of them have same issue regardless what I use. CT/KVM.

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

Anyone know which data centre OVH use in Sydney?

• @xTom said:
    Anyone know which data centre OVH use in Sydney?

They bought their own building in Sydney, AU and are basically building their own datacenter out of that, not using an existing one like Equinix, etc

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@stefeman said:
    Tested with VMware EXSi 6.0, Proxmox 4.3, Proxmox 3.4 and all of them have same issues.

The host is happily having 800 Mbps down while the VM's are getting 5-50Mbps speeds.

Try disabling or enabling the permanent mitigation and check speeds during the first five minutes. It'll work just fine then it gets slow again. I've already reported the issue and took them a few weeks to fix.

edited December 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@stefeman said:

Try disabling or enabling the permanent mitigation and check speeds during the first five minutes. It'll work just fine then it gets slow again. I've already reported the issue and took them a few weeks to fix.

This is WAW datacenter and WAW Failover IP's. There is no Anti-DDoS even available when I try to enable it.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@stefeman said:

@MrGeneral said:

@stefeman said:

This is WAW datacenter and WAW Failover IP's. There is no Anti-DDoS even available when I try to enable it.

Ops sorry. Could be related. Switch issue

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Looks like they're a bit confused, this is on one of their job postings:

Build an image of OVH as company with strong expertise and excellent customer support

Who wants to bet on when OVH release the Sydney location? Closest wins access to a shell on the host for a limited time.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

ethancedrik said: They bought their own building in Sydney, AU and are basically building their own datacenter out of that, not using an existing one like Equinix, etc

I really doubt they purchased their own building in Sydney, possibly a suite, no way a whole building.

• @pbgben said:
    Who wants to bet on when OVH release the Sydney location? Closest wins access to a shell on the host for a limited time.

I'll take a stab on my server being provisioned on the 18th

• pbgben said: Who wants to bet on when OVH release the Sydney location? Closest wins access to a shell on the host for a limited time.

End of February 2017

• @stefeman

You can join OVH WAW Discover mailing list and put request there ([email protected]). As I've seen, some people has already done that with various problems with IP FO and it has been fixed on mailing list.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • How can I join there? Send some email to that address? I never managed to join a mailing list. I have gmail.

• stefeman said: How can I join there? Send some email to that address? I never managed to join a mailing list. I have gmail.

You have to send empty email to address [email protected] and follow instructions you will receive.

edited December 2016

@pbgben December 15th

• Someone change title to "OVH failed to launch 3 dc"

edited December 2016

Yeah we're pretty much waiting at this point, hopefully they have all the issues with DDoS VAC mitigation, Failover IPs, and other misc. stuff like offering FTPBackup, kvm, etc and the rest of the suite of features available in their current DCs all available by January.

For anyone still wanting to buy a Discovery server here is the URL to do so, https://www.ovh.com/us/discover/

• lol oles is in that mailing list

@ethancedrik said:

lol oles is in that mailing list

Do they have on for Australia? Mailing list that is?

• @pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Thats WAW Discovery mailing list for poland dedi owners. I believe that convo was about failover IP issues.

No idea if they have australian/sg mailing list yet.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Thats WAW Discovery mailing list for poland dedi owners. I believe that convo was about failover IP issues.

Doubt it. Their US mailing list doesn't even work at all, registration sends to a 404 page last time I tried.

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Doubt it. Their US mailing list doesn't even work at all, registration sends to a 404 page last time I tried.

Well, 6 days till "delivery" of the Sydney servers, though they're still advertising a job offer for a dc tech

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@pbgben said:

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Well, 6 days till "delivery" of the Sydney servers, though they're still advertising a job offer for a dc tech

What's wrong with hiring? Datacenters have more than 1 tech for the whole building, or I'd hope.