Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostbill question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostbill question

Anyone use hostbill data center edition when it says it supports proxmox and onapp does that mean it comes with the licensing for those products or would I still need to purchase the proxmox cloud/vps license from modulesgarden?

Comments

• The Proxmox and OnApp modules are included in the data center edition

https://hostbillapp.com/billing-and-automation-software-for-data-center/

• Hi,
    It has the modules already, you do not have to buy anything from modulesgarden

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

In fact you can't buy anything from a 3rd party - as per Hostbill's license

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

BillyE said: Anyone use hostbill data center edition

Do your homework BEFORE having business with Hostbill. They require steep investment and if you think that Hostbill DC edition will fit your needs without any additional modules / custom work - think again. Everything is encrypted, source code versions of additional module come with extra charges.

Want to develop something by your-self? Pay for it: "Devkit access – $999 one time fee - additional option". After payment your will receive their "DevKit" which is properly undocumented and code samples is at least "minimal" per say.

Thanked by 1BillyE

Well, they have Money Back Guarantee, if I recall correctly, so if you don't like it, you can always return it I suppose.

You may wish to clarify it with them before ordering.

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • @Clouvider said:
    Well, they have Money Back Guarantee, if I recall correctly, so if you don't like it, you can always return it I suppose.

You may wish to clarify it with them before ordering.

Yep I saw that also I think I'm going to try it out and see if it works for my needs hopefully it does if not they assured me it is a 100% guarantee for a refund. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to have to spend $500 on the proxmox add ons when it said it was included. Basically needed clarification that it was not just support for proxmox and not the actual modules.

Why don't you give them a call to make sure :-)?

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • @Clouvider said:

What software does Digital Ocean and Linode use? that is also a cloud platform correct?

edited October 2016

@BillyE said:

@Clouvider said:

What software does Digital Ocean and Linode use? that is also a cloud platform correct?

Bespoke in the front end.

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

BillyE said: What software does Digital Ocean and Linode use?

Companies sized like these one use in-house built systems. From DO career page it seems that their backend run on Ruby.

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • @BillyE said:

@Clouvider said:

Checkout virtkick. They are a cloud based panel company backed by techstars

Thanked by 1BillyE
  • miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

Hostbill has a high upfront costs but long term maintenance costs are quite low. Support and custom development costs are very reasonable and the hostbill team is very responsive, but not for free.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We switch from WHMCS to Hostbill, we have no regret so far. Got a few hipcup, but HB team is always there to help.