Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iwstack / Prometeus down only for me?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iwstack / Prometeus down only for me?

I have 10vm with Prometeus / Iwstack all of them are unaccesable, starting from 21pm italy time. Vms are "started" from iwstack panel but impossibile to ssh into and websites are unreachble.

Anyone else?

Comments

• @sdfantini

Please see the following thread comment, it should help you to solve your issue: If you server goes down, here are the steps you should follow

Cheers!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I'm a sysadmin of a small hosting company, thx for the info but i really know what i'm doing :).

I confirm the issue happened also during morning, 10/15min outage but now it's from 21pm ...

• Openen 2 tickets and no reply at all. Then wrote them on Twitter, no reply at all, than write an email directly, no reply at all. Since im the past when big outages happened i saw various threds about Prometeus down i thought to ask for community feedback since i can not get any (really wonder why..) from Prometeus

• I can confirm the same problem since 9pm. Ticket also still unanswered. ;)

• Finally ..thx @bbtn .. it was a hard time with @thelinuxbug

In this very moment i have received a reply to my ticket

"Salvatore is looking into it"

Great thats a start

• @sdfantini You're welcome. Send greetings to Salvatore. I got only one VM with iwStack but it's an important one for me.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thread cleaned. User opened a thread to ask if others were having a similar experience, this is fine.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • Same here... Starting to get a bit annoyed because of downtime on iwStack recently :\

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Same issue, no reply or announcement

• Definitly Sal is working i see now my vm in stopped mode. I'll just wait for him

• jarland said: Thread cleaned. User opened a thread to ask if others were having a similar experience, this is fine.

Touché

Cheers!

Thanked by 2netomx jar
  • What location, cant say i had any issue with my Iwstack NL VM's

• Milan, Italy for me

• @Sokaris07 said:
    Milan, Italy for me

Milan, DC1 it is.

• I am in the same boat. The instance in Milan has been down for hours and no responses to the ticket.

• Sokaris07Sokaris07 Member
    edited October 2016

Mine's back online

• I'm still offline and vm still stopped

• Ok this is from twitter

There is a problem with the SAN storage backend on MILANO and MILANO2 availability zone. We are working on the issue. Update will follow

• Finally up here too.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2016

First of all, very sorry for this.
    It was a very difficult issue due to the cache malfunction which looked like disk issues, then the network failed within DC for the same zone. This complicated and delayed the diagnostic further.
    Since we had no idea what is going on, had no info to give, just the there is an issue thing.
    It looked like IO delay, coming and going, some VMs were up for all the time and continue to be up, I guess it depended on the disk activity needed.
    The Milano DC1 zone is the largest and I suspected some scalability problems due to the cascade failures we seemed to see.

At this point the cache is disabled and many VMs come back doing file system checks so higher wa is expected. There might be a need to service the cache, hopefully, no other downtime will be needed for that due to the redundancies in the SAN serving this zone.

Since the problems we had with the virtual routers on each outage, we changed the way they work so we don't have the kind of race condition in which the VMs start before the router ending up without IP and network access, this is the first downtime since june move and it seems to have worked in coming back in the correct way, however, if there was some other problem, the VR might need a restart. I hope it is not needed, but if it is, please do a network restart with the clean-up option. After that, a VM restart will be needed too so it can get the IP. This must be done on all VMs using the affected VR.

There were some few hundred VMs potentially affected, it is not very clear which were down and for how long each and which were up all the time, please raise a ticket for compensation if you have been affected.

Once again, I am really sorry for the situation.

• automatic filesystem check failed...

• stasistasi Member
    edited October 2016

Hello,

can you please send me your ticket number, so I can investigate on thihahahaha no just kidding, I cant allow myself another warning :D

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@stasi said:
    Hello,

can you please send me your ticket number, so I can investigate on thihahahaha no just kidding, I cant allow myself another warning :D

Get lost.
    You've been here for 3 months or so, you talk too much.

• stasistasi Member
    edited October 2016

@MrGeneral said:

@stasi said:
    Hello,

Get lost.
    You've been here for 3 months or so, you talk too much.

ey yo vatos locos, chill your burritos