Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] SolusVM Windows KVM Templates, Any Demand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Poll] SolusVM Windows KVM Templates, Any Demand?

ihadpihadp Member
edited October 2016 in General

Hi Guys,

Today I have been active in another thread where a member here on LET has been struggling with the Windows templates provided for SolusVM and as such I figured I would kick off this thread to gauge the amount of interest there may be for me to generate Windows KVM templates built to be used with SolusVM.

Would anyone be interested at all?

I have recently built a wide array of Windows templates primarily designed to be installed on dedicated servers and cloud providers, see here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/92744/online-net-dedibox-xc-sc-2016-windows-templates#latest

Building the templates for SolusVM (KVM specifically) should be quite easy, however I would like to avoid spending a license fee with SolusVM (I dont use SolusVM, nor am I an active VPS provider) if there isn't a demand for the templates.

Vote!

Are you interested?
  1. (Scale 1 to 5, 5 = Most Interested)15 votes
    1. 1
      60.00%
    2. 2
        0.00%
    3. 3
      13.33%
    4. 4
        0.00%
    5. 5
      26.67%

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I am sure people would use them, but be very careful as distributing them is illegal.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I am sure people would use them, but be very careful as distributing them is illegal.

Indeed, I spent a couple of hours reading on technet and otherwise before I released the last batch of templates I built. All in all, in general the consensus is Microsoft rarely acts to have any content removed unless the ISO/Template/etc. is actively attempting to bypass/crack the activation system.

To that end, I did a bit of Googling to see if Microsoft actively seeks to have Windows ISO torrents removed and even there I came up with very little.

It would seem that as long as you are only looking to obtain the media to allow installation they haven't any real issue with it, especially if it leads to the purchase of a legitimate key.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Fair enough, its a grey area I would rather not risk personally but its up to you.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Fair enough, its a grey area I would rather not risk personally but its up to you.

Absolutely, each to their own :)

• ttt

• I would be interested