Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to know what happened at dedistation.com? My VPS has been unable to access more than 36 hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to know what happened at dedistation.com? My VPS has been unable to access more than 36 hours

YIemYIem Member
edited October 2016 in Help

My VPS has been unable to access more than 24 hours!
I started to contact them yesterday! Use TK and Twitter, but I did not get a reply!

This is the error displayed in the SolusVM(The following figure)

VPS was purchased in January 2016

Just now, I received their reply!

Description:
Sorry for the inconvenience

Unfortunately, We are having issues with our host node provider (OVH) for this node,
We have been trying to contact them to fix the issue.

Thank you for your patience
DediStation Tech Support,
Best regards

• K

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2016

"Our Servers are located in United Kingdom and Los-Angeles"

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2016

@YIem

Please see the following thread, it should help you to solve your issue: If you server goes down, here are the steps you should follow

Cheers!

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @TheLinuxBug Dedistation doesn't have box in OVH I believe.

@YIem Dedistation has been MIA for the last 3 weeks.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Isn't dedistation @linuxthefish?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @YIem

Please see the following thread, it should help you to solve your issue: If you server goes down, here are the steps you should follow

Cheers!

I contacted them 24 hours ago! But until now, I still did not get their reply, and resolved!

• @tenpera said:
    @TheLinuxBug Dedistation doesn't have box in OVH I believe.

They have OVH node, called "C2".
    My vps is down too.

• @Zeast said:

@tenpera said:
    @TheLinuxBug Dedistation doesn't have box in OVH I believe.

They have OVH node, called "C2".
    My vps is down too.

I have been in contact with them, and they have not responded to me! I will lose a lot of things! This is disappointing

• C2 is in Canada.

• @linuxthefish is with Dedistation, and i have the same problem as the rest of us, beeing on C2 node from OVH Canada.

• same problem , my vps down

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited October 2016

--

• YIemYIem Member
    edited October 2016

@Catalin said:
    @linuxthefish is with Dedistation, and i have the same problem as the rest of us, beeing on C2 node from OVH Canada.
    @febrilatif said:
    same problem , my vps down

Up to now or not resolved! Nor did any TK reply!

• jamzedjamzed Member
    edited October 2016

@ylem, what is their SLA? If not higher than 99.6 they still have a time :-> eg

• @jamzed said:
    @ylem, what is their SLA? If not higher than 99.6 they still have a time :-> eg

what?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR
  • Is this server online?

• @programer said:
    Is this server online?

The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later。

• He might have sold his another hosting company.

• YIem said: I will lose a lot of things!

You will lose a lot of thinks, because you didn't get backups. Not because of any hosting provider. If you didn't keep backups, then, you may think from now on if you are capable to admin a server...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Perhaps we should wait for @linuxthefish? I doubt he would simply disappear.

• CA2 still up, btw..

• CA2 still up, btw..

• I got one of those DDoS protected VPS at their UK location a couple of months back. Everything seemed fine initially, but within a week of signing up the IO dropped considerably to the point that it would take a while to even run apt update.

Anyway, I raised a ticket which was promptly replied to by their support team. They were pretty quick in resolving the issue, and even offered to move me over to a different node that had fewer people on it, which I obviously agreed to. The VPS has since been performing just fine.

This thread describes behavior that appears to be rather 'out of character' for the guys at Dedistation, and could point to a bigger problem. I hope they're able to address this issue and continue providing decent service for the price that they charge.

• @jvnadr said:

YIem said: I will lose a lot of things!

You will lose a lot of thinks, because you didn't get backups. Not because of any hosting provider. If you didn't keep backups, then, you may think from now on if you are capable to admin a server...

You're right, I do not have a backup!

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Perhaps we should wait for @linuxthefish? I doubt he would simply disappear.

I also doubt! Because it has more than 36 hours now!

• @K4Y5 said:
    I got one of those DDoS protected VPS at their UK location a couple of months back. Everything seemed fine initially, but within a week of signing up the IO dropped considerably to the point that it would take a while to even run apt update.

Anyway, I raised a ticket which was promptly replied to by their support team. They were pretty quick in resolving the issue, and even offered to move me over to a different node that had fewer people on it, which I obviously agreed to. The VPS has since been performing just fine.

This thread describes behavior that appears to be rather 'out of character' for the guys at Dedistation, and could point to a bigger problem. I hope they're able to address this issue and continue providing decent service for the price that they charge.

Just now they reply to me, the following is the reply

(Description:
    Sorry for the inconvenience,

Unfortunately, We are having issues with our host node provider (OVH) for this node,
    We have been trying to contact them to fix the issue.

~ Thank you for your patience

DediStation Tech Support,
    Best regards,

• K)
    Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • OVH support stellar as usual.

• @tr1cky said:
    OVH support stellar as usual.

This

• @tr1cky said:

They say that is the reason for OVH! But after 36 hours back to the customer information, I feel is a very bad thing

• @Zeast said:

@tr1cky said:

This

I wonder why their response so late? 36 hours later began to deal with this problem?
    No emergency measures?