Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers that offer LinuxMint as Os?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

As the title says.

No need to upload/install my own template must be ready to choose from there.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hello, check your PM.

• Why would you need Mint? It's ubuntu basically.
    Debian, thx.

• WHTWHT Member

@lion said:
    Why would you need Mint? It's ubuntu basically.
    Debian, thx.

Need to test it. Saw some videos on youtube abd the desktop looks good. Want to move away from windows vista.

Kubuntu Thx

• lionlion Member
    edited October 2016

@WHT said:

Kubuntu Thx

• Setup a VM on your personal computer. Your user experience on a remote server will be trash.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Set it up on a pc, get a kvm and upload the iso to load it. Why do you want it as a template?

• WHTWHT Member

@jvnadr said:
    Set it up on a pc, get a kvm and upload the iso to load it. Why do you want it as a template?

To complicated and danger. Before 4-5 years installed ubuntu on my pc and used dual boot till it crashed & lost both.

• Why not use virtualbox locally?

• @WHT said:

@jvnadr said:
    Set it up on a pc, get a kvm and upload the iso to load it. Why do you want it as a template?

To complicated and danger. Before 4-5 years installed ubuntu on my pc and used dual boot till it crashed & lost both.

Assuming you go with someone like Vultr, you simply upload the installation ISO and then proceed with the install onto to the KVM VM..its really very straight forward.

• WHT said: To complicated and danger. Before 4-5 years installed ubuntu on my pc and used dual boot till it crashed & lost both.

Don't install it as dual boot. I suppose you use windows. Install virtualbox (it's free) and install there any OS you want.
    Or, if you don't want to install it on your pc, chose a kvm vps provider that you can install your own image. In Prometeus IWStack you can upload via url your own linux image to install. It's extremely easy.

• Doesn't vultr allow iso's to be uploaded?

• @Hxxx said:
    Doesn't vultr allow iso's to be uploaded?

You can upload ISOs @ vultr.com.

• WHT said: desktop looks good

Not sure why you would try to run a desktop from a server. But if you want to try Mint you should just install it on another box, or wipe your current drive and install it there. Note however, that whatever you saw that you liked is just a sample config. You can make it look like anything you like. That's the whole point.