Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How may i use OVH IP-Failover iP for Openvz VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How may i use OVH IP-Failover iP for Openvz VPS?

8QE8QE Member

Recently i installed Proxmox on my OVH dedicated and tested how to use iP-failover for VPS.

I plan to use bridged network mode for a Debian OVZ VPS, and i have added Virtual Mac address in OVH panel and then set it in Proxmox(For veth100.0). Also edited network info with gateway(Server iP, not ending with 254), then did ifup eth0(Also tried reboot).

It still not work, i searched on google and nothing helpful found.

Could anyone please help me?

Comments

• Have you tried setting your secondary IPs to the same virtual mac as your main IP? If I'm not wrong all of your outgoing connections will be through your main server's IP therefore using the same mac address on your ovz containers should do the trick.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• 8QE8QE Member

@rivermigue said:
    Have you tried setting your secondary IPs to the same virtual mac as your main IP? If I'm not wrong all of your outgoing connections will be through your main server's IP therefore using the same mac address on your ovz containers should do the trick.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you. There is no way to specific virtual mac address(Only create or choose an exist) for ip-failover and it is not possible to add virtual mac for main iP in OVH panel(No that option)