Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget Server with 2x2TB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget Server with 2x2TB HDD

I am currently on a Delimiter 2xE5420 with 1TB HDD and my dataset is approaching the size of the HDD. I'm looking for options to increase the HDD available to me to 2x2TB (Raid1) without going too much (maximum probably 2x) over what I'm currently paying for the server ($200/year). I don't need 8 cores, but single core performance should not be lower than a E5420's. 16GB RAM, 5 TB transfer, 1 IPV4, no location requirements.

Thanks.

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

If you can get someone in Canada to order it, the SoYouStart $42/m boxes are like ~$32 USD per month. E3-1220v2/16GB/2x2TB.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can wait for a Dacentec AMD offer which has 2x2TB, 16GB RAM for only $25/mo. They have their servers restocked frequently.

Thanked by 1wwabbit
  • Harambe said: If you can get someone in Canada to order it, the SoYouStart $42/m boxes are like ~$32 USD per month. E3-1220v2/16GB/2x2TB.

I took a look at that, the $42/m boxes SYS-IP-1 in Canada seems to be US$42 not C$42... pity...

NDTN said: You can wait for a Dacentec AMD offer which has 2x2TB, 16GB RAM for only $25/mo. They have their servers restocked frequently.

Thanks, I will look at this.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@wwabbit said:

Harambe said: If you can get someone in Canada to order it, the SoYouStart $42/m boxes are like ~$32 USD per month. E3-1220v2/16GB/2x2TB.

I took a look at that, the $42/m boxes SYS-IP-1 in Canada seems to be US$42 not C$42... pity...

They're $42 CAD on the Canadian site, if you use the US site it's $42 USD - https://www.soyoustart.com/ca/en/essential-servers/

Thanked by 1wwabbit
  • I m also looking for budget server with 2x2TB HDD.
    Already have Dacentec.
    Not interested in Delimiter.

Any other offers?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

@Umair said:
    I m also looking for budget server with 2x2TB HDD.
    Already have Dacentec.
    Not interested in Delimiter.

Any other offers?

Maybe this? :)

Intel C2558/8 GB RAM/2 TB x 2 HDDs

10 TB bandwidth/1Gbit/sec uplink

5 IPv4

IPMI access included

Los Angeles, CA

$35/month

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=38