Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hurricane Matthew & its Effect : Florida, Georgia, South Carolina
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hurricane Matthew & its Effect : Florida, Georgia, South Carolina

MridulMridul Member
edited October 2016 in General

Hurricane Matthew, now a Category 3 hurricane, is nearing the Florida East Coast with dangerous storm surge, destructive winds and flooding rainfall stretching into Georgia and South Carolina by the weekend.

Tropical storm-force winds have already been impacting Florida's east coast for the past several hours. Melbourne International Airport has gusted as high as 52 mph, so far. A 71-mph gust was recorded at Jensen Beach, Florida. A 71 mph gust was also reported in Vero Beach, Florida.

The eyewall, or the most destructive portion of a hurricane, is just mere miles off the coast of Vero Beach.

Will it Impact the Datacenter operations ? I can see power crisis is already predicted.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-fpl-hurricane-matthew-prep-20161004-story.html

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Doubt it. At least any big names that are used often by individual consumers.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

DCs in Jacksonville may have problems, I think a good chunk of the city is on evacuation order. Orlando may get hit too.

• HostDime has put up a statement on their website - http://www.hostdime.com/blog/hurricane-matthew-notice/

Vultr has also posted a notification on their status page, says they have enough fuel to run the generators for 48 hours.

• Our MIA01 location in Miami is far enough south that it's not taking a major hit. I grew up in South FL, during hurricane Andrew. Thankfully this one isn't going to make a direct hit onto the most densely popualated areas in FL. Not that they aren't prepared but given the history of not taking as many hits I expect that areas like Orlando (should the hurricane push inland) and Jacksonville are just generally less prepared and potentially more at risk.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD