Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

G Suite aka Google Apps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

G Suite aka Google Apps

al3xtal3xt Member
edited October 2016 in General

Seems like with the rebranding of name.. here is also changes which I noticed today.

Those secondary domain which was added before 6th October, you can still use the 'Make Primary ' option to swap it over as Primary domain. This happened to Google Apps standard free legacy account.

Any secondary domain added after 6th October, and if you hit 'Make Primary ' you will get a red error #1000.

Now what does this mean to you? Since API to swap primary domain does not work anymore, and with the above new changes, we no longer able to swap the primary domain of G suite any longer. Aww..

Thanked by 1lifehome

Comments

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited October 2016

I think you are mistaken. It's still possible to switch primary domains. I just checked it and it works.

Thanked by 1al3xt
  • I can still change primary domain on all of my gsuite accounts.

Thanked by 1al3xt
  • @abdussamad, it was not possible on 5th evening with new secondary domain added and then wanted to switch to primary, it gave error. This drag until 7th. But i have not tried it today yet, let me check and who knows google fixed it.

• al3xtal3xt Member
    edited October 2016

as of now, tested on one of my client google apps account, added a new secondary domain (key point here), tried the 'Make Primary' button (not under trial mode), it gives "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. (Error #1000)"

• I cannot takeover old domain with g apps anymore. bad google