Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Load Slow issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Site Load Slow issue

I moved my site from a shared host to a vps Just for itself. I installed Wordpress on the vps and migrated my site. I disabled a couple non essential plugins and my website still seems to load slowly. I use Cloudflare. I have tried WP cache and jetpack plugins and they dont seem to help much with site loading speed.

I feel this can be an issue and turn potential clients away, what are some ways to help speed up the site.

Comments

• HMOB, contact me on skype, pcfreak30

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Disable all plugins and see if it immediately resolves it. If it does, re-enable them one by one. It only takes one bad plugin.

• @jarland said:
    Disable all plugins and see if it immediately resolves it. If it does, re-enable them one by one. It only takes one bad plugin.

I did that the speed did resolve some, I re-embled them one by one and I think it was a livechat plugin I had causing the issue. Atleast that is what I think was it. I only have three plugins enabled now and the site is loading faster.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

HMOB said: I did that the speed did resolve some, I re-embled them one by one and I think it was a livechat plugin I had causing the issue. Atleast that is what I think was it. I only have three plugins enabled now and the site is loading faster.

I agree, the site is way faster. I assume we're talking about the one in the domain name for the email address you signed up with. It was loading really slowly when I posted above, now it's really fast.

• @jarland said:

I agree, the site is way faster. I assume we're talking about the one in the domain name for the email address you signed up with. It was loading really slowly when I posted above, now it's really fast.

Sneaky.

On Topic : What are the VPS specs ? Which webstack are you using ? Did you do any webserver/mysql tuning etc ?

• @HMOB said:

@jarland said:

I did that the speed did resolve some, I re-embled them one by one and I think it was a livechat plugin I had causing the issue. Atleast that is what I think was it. I only have three plugins enabled now and the site is loading faster.

if you find something slowing you down, watch if it loads external content/scripts. if this happens without async/defer or 'above the fold' your overall load times become depending on those external ressources...

• Thank yall for the advise, and @jarland I would say your correct, the site does not load as fast as your static pages but It is loading faster than what it was.

• You should restart your MySQL database, works like a charm ;)

• @HMOB said:
    I moved my site from a shared host to a vps Just for itself. I installed Wordpress on the vps and migrated my site. I disabled a couple non essential plugins and my website still seems to load slowly. I use Cloudflare. I have tried WP cache and jetpack plugins and they dont seem to help much with site loading speed.

I feel this can be an issue and turn potential clients away, what are some ways to help speed up the site.

did you resolve your problem? if not maybe ill could help you out fix prefomence issues, send me skype on private ill try to see what causing the problem

• @Advicerxyz said:

@HMOB said:

did you resolve your problem? if not maybe ill could help you out fix prefomence issues, send me skype on private ill try to see what causing the problem

Thank you for the offer But It seems to be loader faster.

• AdvicerxyzAdvicerxyz Member
    edited October 2016

@HMOB said:

@Advicerxyz said:

@HMOB said:

Thank you for the offer But It seems to be loader faster.

sure, by the way also the theme you using can cause issues, if it not written right \ hungry resources.
    also try to run you site on php 7 if it support it.
    try to use nginx as reverse proxy for apache to improve site load, and reduce server usage.
    minify,gzip,if website is static also compressed image could help.
    check for error log if there is errors, and set cache. if your vps is on hdd, try to move to ssd/nvme vps. if you got budget you could get maxcdn / cloudflare 20$ plan.

• you must test your vps connection speed, other spec like RAM of anything. or your images size in website.

• Just thought I would give an update, I ended up moving the site to AWS the cost is a little higher than other virtual server providers but It is well worth it. the site speed without any plugins to help with speed. I went from showing a 15-18 second load speed to a 1-3 second load speed depending on location, I tested it using the tools.pingdom.com website.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. and sorry for the delayed response, we had a major hurricane hit right where I live and I forgot to update this post.