Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UbiquityServers - Even Cheaper then DO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UbiquityServers - Even Cheaper then DO

ksecksec Member
edited April 2013 in General

https://www.ubiquityservers.com/cloud

Just read that on WHIR, was wondering why there aren't any threads around. Anyone used them?

Comments

• Scalability...unlike most on here I like OpenVZ. Anywho, I don't buy into this cloud stuff.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

Ubiquity Servers/Nobistech are the US equivalent of Ecatel but worse: spammer and botnet friendly

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@ksec hmm.. interesting. This time from established company instead newbies still experimenting what to do in next step... And soon 3 locations more. Thanks for sharing.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Not seeing how they are "cheaper than DO" when the cheapest plan is $6 vs $5, the next one is $18, and it all is crappy openvz anyways.
    Can't seem to access this configurator you pictured without registering, to check out how much would various configs cost (e.g. low RAM and disk, but unlimited b/w).
    So not a good impression to me.

• @DomainBop said: Ubiquity Servers/Nobistech are the US equivalent of Ecatel but worse: spammer and botnet friendly

+1 a lot of the failed root login alert I got are from there.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Their site hardly loads, I'd prefer sticking to trusted LEB providers who are honest rather than this "cloud" crap.

• Cloud is a buzzword.

• How is this cloud when they are using "Virtualizor" control panel for their clients VPS management?

• ksecksec Member

It was suppose to be Cloud using OnApp Cloud and OnApp Storage, i haven't tried it so i have no idea.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@NHRoel said: How is this cloud when they are using "Virtualizor" control panel for their clients VPS management?

There was another "cloud" provider that I saw doing that too.

• Oh sorry if my picture confused anyone, that was just me demonstrating how I can pretty much replicate a "cloud" effect with OpenVZ (on the fly resizing). I'll ask what panel they're using now

• @NHRoel said: How is this cloud when they are using "Virtualizor" control panel for their clients VPS management?

Why can't it be? What's your definition of cloud?

• John Richardson
    Hello,

What control panel do you use for your Cloud?

You have been transferred to: Eli L..
    Eli L.
    Howdy, we have created our own, Ubiquity Motion. I don't mind telling you, it is based largely on OnApp

• @rds100 said: Why can't it be? What's your definition of cloud?

I do not understand cloud at all to be honest as I have mentioned multiple time in my previous posts that I am not a techy :).

From my POV, cloud will have auto failover, redundancy of multiple physical location so my server won't go down even if one dc burns out?

• @jkr1711 said: Howdy, we have created our own, Ubiquity Motion. I don't mind telling you, it is based largely on OnApp

Awesome :)

• @NHRoel said: From my POV, cloud will have auto failover, redundancy of multiple physical location so my server won't go down even if one dc burns out?

This all sounds nice when you dream about it, bun in reality most of the currently sold "clouds" don't do this.

• @rds100 said: This all sounds nice when you dream about it, bun in reality most of the currently sold "clouds" don't do this.

So what is cloud?

• @NHRoel said: So what is cloud?

A marketing buzzword, mostly :)

• What's your definition of cloud?

definition of cloud computing (as defined by NIST.gov) on page 6...
    http://www.cloudstandardscustomercouncil.org/2011_Practical_Guide_to_Cloud Computing.pdf