Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring: Need two DevOps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiring: Need two DevOps

DevOpsYouKnowDevOpsYouKnow Member
edited October 2016 in General

I need one/two skilled DevOps who can perform the following tasks for our company. I will appreciate if you please double check the requirements

1. Tune our servers with Nginx and php-fpm for the maximum concurrent connections (we're using Laravel and Lumen), as much as it can be stretched. Our servers are mostly in DO and AWS for now
  2. Tune our Redis server for the maximum throughput, as much as it can be stretched
  3. Finally, the biggest one, our MySQL/MariaDB servers.

If you're interested, please inbox with your hourly rate and your available time. If possible, please add your email address and skype id so that we can communicate properly with you.

Desperately looking for Ninjas, you know :)

Thanks everyone

Comments

• My first question is, what company do you represent? Mind sharing the name, registration information, website in the public?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2016

You can't tune Redis far, as a single threaded application you want something like this in your server:

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon X5698 - AT80614007314AA.html

(Though, officially these do not exist, it is a X5690 with only 2 cores enabled and raised to 110% TDP at 4.4Ghz base)

For SQL use Aurora, anything else is... sub-optimal inside AWS, especially if you rely on M* instances and roll your own.

• @GCat said:
    My first question is, what company do you represent? Mind sharing the name, registration information, website in the public?

Please inbox :)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

left a message

• @DevOpsYouKnow said:

@GCat said:
    My first question is, what company do you represent? Mind sharing the name, registration information, website in the public?

Why are you not willing to disclose this information in public? It makes me think you're up to something shady if you're not willing to give potential employees/contractors full public disclosure on their next potential employment area

• @GCat said:

@DevOpsYouKnow said:

@GCat said:

Why are you not willing to disclose this information in public? It makes me think you're up to something shady if you're not willing to give potential employees/contractors full public disclosure on their next potential employment area

Why is it need though? he is paying per hour and I see no need for him to disclose anything in public.
    Well, I wouldn't, at least.

• GCat said: Why are you not willing to disclose this information in public? It makes me think you're up to something shady if you're not willing to give potential employees/contractors full public disclosure on their next potential employment area

Could be bounded by a NDA? Etc? Numerous reasons?

• @GCat said:
    Why are you not willing to disclose this information in public?

It's not an unusual concept, why does it need to be public?

• @Microlinux said:

@GCat said:
    Why are you not willing to disclose this information in public?

It's not an unusual concept, why does it need to be public?

Full disclosure is a policy I love ;)

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Yeah, I don't know. "Please message me for details" is a giant red flag to me - it tells me that there's probably something going on that wouldn't survive public scrutiny, but that'd slip under the radar if told personally.

You may not be required to disclose this information publicly, but I'd certainly take it as a bad sign that you don't.

• hm, not sure - i get paid upfront 50% if i don't trust the other side, usually in a method non reversible (Bitcoin, Bank, Cash) for this and a normal one (Bitcoin, PayPal, CC, Bank etc.) so could not care much less who i work for.

What that is used for is not too much my problem i guess? If i optimize redis for the NSA i optimize redis for the NSA...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Hire @joepie91 and @William if they're willing. They're both experienced in the darks arts of computery.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Not really interested (which in reality means assuming not willing to pay my price), just general statement/free help :)

• DevOpsYouKnowDevOpsYouKnow Member
    edited October 2016

Hello Guys,

Sorry for late reply. I can't disclose the company name at this moment and I don't understand why that made some of you skeptic about the whole thing. There's nothing shady. Every details will be made available to the hired person after we sign an NDA, isn't that pretty straight forward? It's just a small startup desperately looking for DevOps (and DBA) and no, we're not looking for free service or free lunch. You will be paid as per your hourly rate and we are looking forward to a long-term relationship.

Really sad to see the conversation above.

Thanks to those who contacted.

Thanked by 1Foul