Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to prevent cpanel outgoing email spam?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i'm using cpanel+cloudlinux and an account on my cpanel server hacked and sending mass email..

how to disable phpmail on all accounts and all phpversions but enable on select account only (cpanel+cloudlinux)?

help me

Comments

• Suspend the account?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You can disable ports by UID in iptables. Disable port 25, make the rest their problem :)

• Here this will help you if you have shell access and WHM
    Install CSF and Enable SMTP_block, Enable SMTP Allow Local you can disable 25 as previous member mentioned.

If you need further help or instruction I'll be watching for reply. I'd be happy to help with this issue.

• If your cpanel server iass hacked, I suggest hiring someone who knows whats what.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said:
    You can disable ports by UID in iptables. Disable port 25, make the rest their problem :)

This doesn't work if they're using sendmail/mail() :(

Thankfully we wrote a system to deal with that though.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@jarland said:

Francisco

Should if suphp, shouldn't be any proc running under their account that isn't owned by their UID.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said:

@Francisco said:

@jarland said:

Francisco

Should if suphp, shouldn't be any proc running under their account that isn't owned by their UID.

Maybe i'm wrong, the biggest issue I could see with that is it'll affect all email accounts, not just sendmail/mail().

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@jarland said:

Francisco

may i know how to disable phpmail on all account and enable on select/withlist account?

• You can look at the logs to see who is sending mass email.