Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BurstNET budget linux vps port speed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BurstNET budget linux vps port speed?

gianggiang Veteran
edited December 2011 in General

Hi guys,

Is it possible to use 6.8 TB/day on BurstNET budget linux vps? I've seen a thread about a user got suspended because he used 6.8 TB with his VPS on a single day @_@

Still confuseddddddddddd

Comments

• @DotVPS: TB/day != TB/month

• http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1109707

This is where it relates to.
    BurstNET states that they have 1Gbps Uplink to their new servers in their system. I don't know how much of this to believe but in Miami when I had their servers, I couldn't go much faster then about 75Mbps.

The main problem in this thread is that a person was either "hijacked" from his server or he/she caused the situation, and the BW charts (if real) are showing 6.8TB/day. In their plans, its limited to 1TB/month.

There's a lot of fuss among in that thread, from "TOS strict usage" where a user states that if it says on the TOS, the person should be charged instead of being upgraded to a dedicated server.

Anyway... to answer your question, Burst stated that they have 1Gbps uplink, you are apparently guaranteed 100Mbps, but can burst to 1Gbps if its available, thus possibly going over your limit of 1TB if you get a VPS.

So... that's what I get out of it. If you go to Burst's site, they offer dedicated links, shared 1Gbps links, etc.

• @Blackstorm72: Trust me, you will never ever could burst to 600Mpbs, even on premium VPS with only you in a whole node ;) That why I'm confused. Is burstNET stats reliable?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2011

Google says: 6.8 (terabyte per day) = 82.5268148 megabytes per second

Back in our old days when we were just doing websites, we had a "Premium VPS" at Burst on a node that kept getting oversold on disk space, and we'd be "using" 100% of our disk space at only 53gb total. This went on for quite some time, despite putting support tickets in with Burst. And eventually we got fed up with it and started selling our own VPS service. Here we are.

Anyway, my point is that if they can't even manage disk space properly on their "premium" accounts, then I doubt you'd get anywhere near advertised transfer rates on budget accounts.

• @DotVPS said: @dmmcintyre3 said: @DotVPS: TB/day != TB/month

?!

@DotVPS
    giang is talking about the insane quantity of 6.6TB per day, you are talking about 6.6 TB per month.

• Something at Burst messed up, there's no way in hell you could do an average of 82MB/sec for an entire day on one of their VMs. Their measuring system messed up, no doubt about it.

• @DotVPS

@giang said: Is it possible to use 6.8 TB/day on BurstNET budget linux vps?

Nowhere says about 20mbps

But if you mean that VPSs have a 20mbps link, then yes, isn't possible :P

• @yomero said: Nowhere says about 20mbps

But if you mean that VPSs have a 20mbps link, then yes, isn't possible :P

I think he meant 6.8 TB was only possible for a month not a day :D

• @giang said: I think he meant 6.8 TB was only possible for a month not a day :D

Yes, I know... now :P