Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup nice offer - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup nice offer

Comments

• @ehab said:

@Amitz said:
    You cannot imagine a better neighbour!

there is an arabic saying when moving, "the neighbour before the room/dwelling". We have to make sure @Falzo don't have too many late parties .... i will leave him to you!

lol :-)

I am also in that boat of idling servers... so would much like to be in the same rack or even on the same node as you, hrhr

(and yes, deb+froxlor as default here too)

• @Ympker said:

@ehab said:

@Ympker said:
    Netcup is awesome! Go for it mate :)

can you please tell us how did you come to that?

Well Ive been a Happy customer with them for quite a few months and have preferred a lot of my friends and former customers over to them and the Feedback was only positive.

180day uptime. Oh really? :)

• @ZweiTiger said:

hello, i was thinking about how to use your hosting services and link them to the vps, i have to try something out first. no idea when but haven't forgotten how cool your cp is :) ..ok, talk soon.

• Guys, you're weakening me. - Would you prefer this one over a 2GB XEN instance with Dediserv at Firstcolo Frankfurt?

• @BBTN said:

never seen it, but did you read the specs " especially, the part that says 2 dedicated cores - 6GB RAM" .. tell us the offer then.

• BBTN said: Would you prefer this one over a 2GB XEN instance with Dediserv at Firstcolo Frankfurt?

yes

• BBTN said: Guys, you're weakening me. - Would you prefer this one over a 2GB XEN instance with Dediserv at Firstcolo Frankfurt?

By what I see from my benchmarks and network speedtests at the moment and at first sight?
    Yes, anytime. Nothing against Dediserve, but I was never too happy about their network.

Thanked by 2Falzo BBTN
  • ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited October 2016

@Falzo said:
    I'll probably go and open a ticket later on, to clarify how this may affect the G7 plus offer - which never stated anything regarding traffic flat in detail and also already comes with 2 cores / 6GB RAM - so doesn't differ that much to their actual G7 SE product anymore.

If you get a reply for them, do tell us what their traffic policy for the promo offer is :D

Thanked by 1mik997
  • +1 .. I would like to clarify also as I can find no info on customer pages :(

• hzrhzr Member
    edited October 2016

you guys are horrible people for making @amitz purchase this.. vps is a gateway drug to dedicated server..

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Thanks for the Voucher! :)

• @hzr said:
    you guys are horrible people for making @amitz purchase this.. vps is a gateway drug to dedicated server..

Even worse... I am already on dedicated servers. I only use VPS for recreational purposes. Like weed, you know. ;-)

Thanked by 1chinmoy
  • @Amitz said:

@hzr said:

Even worse... I am already on dedicated servers. I only use VPS for recreational purposes. Like weed, you know. ;-)

I am too afraid to try hardcore 'dedicated server' .. for now I am hoping that a properly configured openvz on my new Netcup 'root server' will satisfy my VPS cravings ;P

• nfnnfn Veteran

So, any expectations for the Black Friday... Say, 50℅ for life in their new G7 SE line?

They're reading... :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @nfn said:
    So, any expectations for the Black Friday... Say, 50℅ for life in their new G7 SE line?

50% I'd get like 5 of their servers I guess^^

• @Ympker said:

@nfn said:

50% I'd get like 5 of their servers I guess^^

You are welcome to let me know

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Amitz said:
    Ah, fuck you all. Yolo and stuff...

> English version: 
    > 
    > Dear Amitz, 
    > 
    > you have ordered a vServer from us. The vServer is beeing created. As soon as the vServer installation is finished, you will get an email with login credentials for your vServer. 
    > 
    > Your login credentials for the VCP (web interface) are as follows: 
    > 

I am happy with myself. I resisted quite some time! ;-)

Back in the days I was also hunting for VPS, but I'm not addicted anymore.
    I wish you luck with your addiction.

• @tr1cky said:

yeah, after getting them all :P

• I placed an order (don't really need one) got the whole could not verify me info. I replied to ask a question and nothing. Over a week now..

• @ManofServer said:

@Falzo said:
    I'll probably go and open a ticket later on, to clarify how this may affect the G7 plus offer - which never stated anything regarding traffic flat in detail and also already comes with 2 cores / 6GB RAM - so doesn't differ that much to their actual G7 SE product anymore.

If you get a reply for them, do tell us what their traffic policy for the promo offer is :D

so while pointing to their news entry and also mentioning that there was no policy for the special offer given at all while ordering I did ask about their traffic policy regarding this.

Für den Root-Server 1000 plus gelten weiterhin die alten Regelungen bzgl. des Traffics.

their answer simply says that the old policies apply.

whatever exactly this will be - as said before there is no mentioning regarding traffic at all within their terms and conditions or has been seen anywhere within the ordering process.

My guess would be (as before) they have a monitoring in place and act manually if multiple red flags get raised...

I also asked about possibilities to get upgrades of that special offer like their new SE range got (50% more RAM / doubled Cores) at a onetime fee...
    ( I know, kind of greedy... always trying to get the most out of it ^^ )

Ein Upgrade des Sonderangebotsservers auf eine Second Edition Variante ist nicht möglich

sadly just no, not gonna happen.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited October 2016

@elofty said:
    I placed an order (don't really need one) got the whole could not verify me info. I replied to ask a question and nothing. Over a week now..

Yeah, that is annoying as hell, and happened with me as well.

After they couldn't automatically verify my account using some retarded script that probably relied on GeoIP database, they asked me to transfer the money via Bank Transfer for the first invoice.

I offered to provide my ID etc, so that they could manually verify my account and allow me to pay with PayPal (Which I had selected during checkout). They didn't seem to budge.
    So, I finally concluded that the deal was NOT like the OVH SP-64 that I would consider jumping through hoops, and pay my banks' atrocious International Bank Transfer charges.

Anyway, if someone decides to let go of his Netcup account at any time, let me know. I assure you, I have no shady plans to dominate the world. But, I certainly would like to try these guys out once, and see what the fuss has actually been all about.

• How is the I/O performance on SAS drives in those new G7 servers?

• excellent - absolutely no complaints here :)

dd if=/dev/zero of=test1 bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 3.35343 s, 320 MB/s root@ncp:/# dd if=/dev/zero of=test2 bs=64k count=32k conv=fdatasync 32768+0 records in 32768+0 records out 2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB, 2.0 GiB) copied, 6.19019 s, 347 MB/s root@ncp:/# dd if=/dev/zero of=test3 bs=64k count=64k conv=fdatasync 65536+0 records in 65536+0 records out 4294967296 bytes (4.3 GB, 4.0 GiB) copied, 11.9149 s, 360 MB/s

Thanked by 2ehab emilv
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited October 2016

@mik997 said:
    excellent - absolutely no complaints here :)

Great to know their SAS is almost equivalent to SSD IOPS. I have a SSD Root server though...!

• just bought a VPS with 128mb memory 1 cpu core and 10gb disk, 1 dedicated IP for 2 eur/year

For backup its great! I recommend!

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1539

10 eur setup fee, but after that its OK.

Thanked by 3mik997 karjaj bersy
  • also remember this is RAID10 :) They use HPE servers with 15K SAS and hardware RAID controllers and it shows ...

• mik997mik997 Member
    edited October 2016

@ZweiTiger said:

Hey, nice find! that VPS might indeed come in very handy .. ;)

• Boo G7 out of stock.

• @ZweiTiger said:
    just bought a VPS with 128mb memory 1 cpu core and 10gb disk, 1 dedicated IP for 2 eur/year

For backup its great! I recommend!

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1539

10 eur setup fee, but after that its OK.

Got that one as well a while ago. It really is a low-end box:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.1.2
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 2394.000 MHz
    Memory          : 116 MB
    Swap            : 3899 MB
    Uptime          : 12 days, 10:04,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.16.0-4-amd64
    Hostname        : Monitor-EU-7

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is -

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        22,1MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          2,89MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       2,40MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       2,08MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       1,70MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       1,90MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          1,34MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       1,47MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         14,9MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        35,5MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 3 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 5 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 7 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 5 MB/s

Perfect for what I'm using it for but keep your expectations real for €2/year :)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Has anyone tried their storage vps ? Nice offers. Any info about the write speeds ?

https://netcup.eu/vserver/vstorage.php