Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup nice offer - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup nice offer

Comments

• Thanks @nfn. Your honesty about the situation makes me feel better about not jumping on that netcup deal.

• Just for the record: I am still strong. I still have everything under control. I am not weak.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2016

@Amitz said:
    Just for the record: I am still strong. I still have everything under control. I am not weak.

Let alone 640 GB SAS Raid10 are worth the price.

...that box will always be a blindspot in your collection. I'll make sure you don't forget :-D

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2016

@Falzo , i checked your benchmark http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/8086227 i didn't use 32bit it was 64 and used https://github.com/kdlucas/byte-unixbench it was a lot lower.

System Benchmarks Index Score: 1414.1

System Benchmarks Index Score: 2334.1

my question is are you using different tools/arch?

• @ehab said:
    @Falzo , i checked your benchmark http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/8086227 i didn't use 32bit it was 64 and used https://github.com/kdlucas/byte-unixbench it was a lot lower.

System Benchmarks Index Score: 1414.1

System Benchmarks Index Score: 2334.1

my question is are you using different tools/arch?

I'd say the results of geekbench and unixbench simply aren't directly comparable.
    that should have nothing to do with architecture. I am running 64bit Debian, only geekbench3 runs as a 32bit executable...

also the new geekbench v4 (linux version available there: http://cdn.primatelabs.com/Geekbench-4.0.1-Linux.tar.gz ) gives a notable different result to v3, but is able to run natively in 64bit:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/701565

that shows even different versions of the same tool may give different results at all. that's why I mostly stick with geekbench v3 for most uses for now and don't use unixbench anymore.

so I suggest if you want to compare make sure to use the same benchmark tool ;-)

Thanked by 2ehab xv3n0mx
  • The offer looks good, the only bit which confuse me is 4 x 320 GB SAS disks + hardware RAID, i take it mean the host node is full of 4 x 320 GB SAS disks hardware raid and they are pass the disk array direct to the kvm vps

• exactly so - there is no option to change the array configuration in the server control panel and one has to trust that it is hardware accelerated RAID10

having said that, I/O performance is really very good - no complaints here!

• Jesus, how long do they plan to keep that offer alive? I am strong, yes. But every man comes to a point where resistance is no longer possible. Are they trying to kill me or what?

Thanked by 2BBTN ehab
  • nfnnfn Veteran
    edited October 2016

I'm curious why the IO is almost the same in SSD and SAS nodes?

My SSD node:

I/O speed(1st run) : 429 MB/s I/O speed(2nd run) : 344 MB/s I/O speed(3rd run) : 528 MB/s Average I/O speed : 433.667 MB/s

Do theses SAS nodes use SSD?

• @Amitz said:
    I am strong, yes. But every man comes to a point where resistance is no longer possible. Are they trying to kill me or what?

Just give in. No hard feelings. Just let go and get relieved ;-)

You already proved how strong you can be by not renewing with that OVH spevial. How could a tryout on that tiny little netcup box ever hurt ... your gut feeling can't be wrong don't you think? That's what made you become mod on LET.

I know you can handle it the only one right way :-) BUY NOW!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Amitz, i gave in when realized the dedicated cores and diskspace. Like said i needed a vps with such specs for couple of intensive purposes.

If you need it then get it specially you'll have real low latency if living in Germany.

Thanked by 2Amitz Falzo
  • You guys work for the devil, right? ;)

• haha netcup is observing this thread. they released their new server line

https://www.netcup.de/vserver/#features

news: http://www.netcup-news.de/2016/10/10/root-server-generation-7-ueberarbeitet/ (only in german)

Thanked by 2Falzo vimalware
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2016

Auch die Rahmenbedingungen der Traffic-Flatrate wurden verbessert: Wir bieten je Root-Server der Generation 7 SE mindestens 10 TB Traffic unlimitiert an. Wird mehr Traffic verbraucht, findet eine Limitierung nur statt, wenn durchgehend über mindestens eine Stunde mehr als 80 MBit/s Bandbreite belegt wurden. Selbst bei einer Limitierung stehen mindestens 10 MBit/s Bandbreite zur Verfügung. Wir garantieren Ihnen damit eine sehr gute Anbindung der Root-Server mit viel Traffic-Volumen.

>

Kunden, die bereits einen Root-Server der Generation 7 über uns beziehen, können die Leistungen ihres Tarifs für einmalig 29 Euro (inkl. MwSt.) auf die Leistungen der Second Edition anheben. Es beginnt dabei keine neue Vertragslaufzeit. Wenden Sie sich bei Interesse einfach mit einer kurzen E-Mail an unseren Support. Mit den einmaligen Kosten finanzieren wir einen Teil des Hardwareupgrades, das für die Leistungssteigerung erforderlich ist.

that says they are changing their policy regarding traffic so that there are at least 10 TB included without any limitation. only if you overage that 10TB a limitation policy to 10 Mbps will take place if you use more than 80Mbps constantly for over an hour...

I'd say that's lot of room to use their product unrestricted... can't tell if this applies to the initial special offer though.

their second paragraph tells something about customers that already have a server of their 7th generation being able to switch to their so called second edition by paying a onetime fee of 29 euro...

I'll probably go and open a ticket later on, to clarify how this may affect the G7 plus offer - which never stated anything regarding traffic flat in detail and also already comes with 2 cores / 6GB RAM - so doesn't differ that much to their actual G7 SE product anymore.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Falzo said: so doesn't differ that much to their actual G7 SE product anymore

Just that the disk space is way lower 320 GB <-> 640 GB.

• @Amitz said:

Falzo said: so doesn't differ that much to their actual G7 SE product anymore

Just that the disk space is way lower 320 GB <-> 640 GB.

yes and the cpu is 2680 vs 2670. so mostly their traffic policy may make a difference only if the old rules apply to the special offer at all. I never experienced a limitation to 10 Mbps anyways, so I assume they had some kind of included free traffic set before too.

• I hope they update their American language website soon so the rest of us can read the update(s) and determine whether we need to pull out our wallets.

• @Amitz said:
    Jesus, how long do they plan to keep that offer alive? I am strong, yes. But every man comes to a point where resistance is no longer possible. Are they trying to kill me or what?

Netcup is awesome! Go for it mate :)

• @Ympker said:

can you please tell us how did you come to that?

• Ah, fuck you all. Yolo and stuff...

English version: 

Dear Amitz, 

you have ordered a vServer from us. The vServer is beeing created. As soon as the vServer installation is finished, you will get an email with login credentials for your vServer. 

Your login credentials for the VCP (web interface) are as follows: 

I am happy with myself. I resisted quite some time! ;-)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2016

@Amitz congrats! You've been strong for all of us and now really deserved your reward ;-)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited October 2016

Is this special a 'VServer' or 'rootServer'?

*#GermanProviderTerminologyHell

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2016

It's a KVM VPS that they call 'rootserver'...

/Edit: It comes pre-installed with Froxlor? Really? Or is it just me?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ehabehab Member
    edited October 2016

@Amitz said:
    /Edit: It comes pre-installed with Froxlor? Really? Or is it just me?

yes, same came mine.

well, how do you like it :D

btw, its good to have you as a neighbour! or is it?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2016

ehab said: its good to have you as a neighbour! or is it?

I am a certified Power-Idler with most purchases like this. You cannot imagine a better neighbour than me!

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • @Amitz said:
    You cannot imagine a better neighbour!

there is an arabic saying when moving, "the neighbour before the room/dwelling". We have to make sure @Falzo don't have too many late parties .... i will leave him to you!

• @ehab said:

@Ympker said:

can you please tell us how did you come to that?

Well Ive been a Happy customer with them for quite a few months and have preferred a lot of my friends and former customers over to them and the Feedback was only positive.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Falzo said:
    @Amitz congrats! You've been strong for all of us and now really deserved your reward ;-)

+1

• @Amitz said:

lol ur probably like me now .. scratching around for some useful application or project to max out those 'dedicated cores' and somehow justify your impulse spend .. ;P

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Okay, I will now run unixbench and geekbench in a loop, just to piss off @ehab. ;)

Thanked by 1ehab